Welcome to the Counter Terrorist Challenge! On this occasion, the objective is to build a plane to carry out an anti-terrorist operation. We will locate ourselves in Ankoristan, a country located in the Persian Gulf, where we will take off to support the ground forces to stop the famous terrorist Suleiman. According to our information, the terrorists have taken the island of Ankaria, controlling its population, resources and infrastructure. We have to eliminate the enemies avoiding causing casualties among the civilian population. Finally we must eliminate Suleiman and his secret missile complex, located somewhere in the mountains.
Types of aircraft allowed
Ground attack aircraft are allowed for close support operations, also for counter-insurgency and light attack. In any case, they may be jet or turboprop type. These aircraft will fly in category 1. Some examples of this type of aircraft are: A-10 Thunderbolt II, Cessna A-37 Dragonfly, Sukhoi Su-25, Ilyushin Il-102, Northrop YA-9, Yakovlev Yak-130, Boeing T-7 Red Hawk, Northrop F-5, OV-10 Bronco, Embraer EMB 314 Super Tucano, Aermacchi MB-339, Aero L-159 Alca, AMX International, Douglas A-1 Skyraider, Douglas A-4 Skyhawk, Fiat G.91, FMA IA 58 Pucará, A-6 Intruder, Nanchang Q-5, Sukhoi Su-17, A-7 Corsair II
On the other hand, Gunship-type aircraft are allowed. These are jet or turboprop aircraft that have heavy artillery, and cannons on one of their sides, for ground attack. It is essential that these aircraft can fly in a circle automatically, to be able to attack the targets on the ground without having to worry about their piloting. These aircraft will fly in category 2. Some examples of this type of aircraft are: Douglas AC-47 Spooky, Fairchild AC-119, AC-130 Spectre, AC-295 Gunship
- VERY IMPORTANT! The design and behaviour of the aircraft must be realistic. Spaceships, potato planes, planes with exaggerated speeds, incredible amounts of weapons, insane maneuverability will be disqualified.
- Must be successor of this post
- Must be a new post, no reuploads
- Can be fictional or replica
- Max 1 entry per person per category
- XML is allowed and expected
- Your entry must be more than 300 parts and less than 780 parts
- The weight and drag of the details can be 0
- The description is highly recommended and it will be specified: 1) Year of introduction, 2) Manufacturer, 3) Options, Specifications, Features
- Infinite fuel or negative weight is not allowed
- Instrumentation Mod is allowed
- Mechanical Instrumentation Mod is allowed
- For category 1 airplanes, the maximum allowable G-force is 8G. Its speed will always be subsonic at low altitude. The speed can be supersonic at medium or high altitude. The maximum speed is 1.4 mach = 1074,18 mp/h = 1728,72 km/h
- For category 2 airplanes, they must have an autonomous circling system. Its speed will always be subsonic. The maximum allowable G-force is 4G
- For category 1 airplanes, You can design your own custom weapons. You can use a maximum of 2 guns (Include cannons, rotary cannon or combination, with a maximum of 30mm). The maximum number of hardpoints will be 11. The atomic weapon is not allowed for this challenge. Max countermeasures x 100
- For category 2 airplanes, You can design your own custom weapons, You can use a maximum of 5 guns (Include cannons, rotary cannon or combination of different calibers, with a maximum of 105mm). The maximum number of hardpoints will be 4. The atomic weapon is not allowed for this challenge. Max countermeasures x 300
How to limit the G-Force of your plane
G-Force roll limited to 8G
G-Force pitch limited to 8G
It will be judged
Realistic model -
130pt- It is evaluated if the airplane has a behavior similar to reality, maneuvers correctly, its acceleration and speed are in accordance with the model, flight stability, operation of all its systems, correct air resistance. Does it fit the challenge rules for the type of aircraft?
Details, appearance, paint -
30pt- The general appearance of the plane is valued, if it could be a real plane even if it is fictional, details, color scheme used.
Realistic weapons and behaviour -
30pt- Are the weapons used by the plane generic or custom? Real weapons have been recreated with their speed and range characteristics? Does the plane use a realistic load of weapons? Does it conform to the rules indicated in the challenge?
Build quality -
30pt- Is the plane construction correct? Have all the control surfaces been included to fly the plane well? There are no badly assembled parts?
Fair play -
30pt- Are the rules of the challenge respected? Fair play gives you 30 points
About the mission
For category 1 planes
- The plane will fly along a path marked on the map, along which anti-aircraft units will be found, until it reaches the main objectives. The main attack zone aims to destroy some enemy buildings, convoy and Suleiman himself.
For category 2 planes
- The plane will fly a safer route, however the attack zone has more enemies to shoot down. Prepare your plane to stay on the enemy for a long time.
How your plane will be tested?
- All aircraft participating in the challenge will be tested on a secret map.
- There is a default route for missions, which all participants will have to overcome
- The pilot will be able to change the attack tactics depending on the armament and characteristics of the plane. This includes variations on the plotted route.
- Eliminating an enemy or target adds 5 points to your plane's ranking
- The test video will be published on YouTube.
- Finally, the secret map will also be published.
How is the secret map?
- Although the attack will be by surprise, the enemy could deploy Mig-21Bis Fishbed and not let you go.
- The map is very mountainous, that makes it easy to escape and counterattack.
- Enemy units are dispersed and be visible on radar, with sufficient time.
- The area where Suleiman is supposed to be located is heavily defended, 3 or 4 anti-aircraft systems are expected.
- It may be necessary to destroy an important objective or infrastructure, it will be necessary to reserve a bomb or rocket before finishing the mission.
- If the plane does not have enough fuel, there is an aircraft carrier in the area where you can make an emergency landing.
- Winner :: 20 Upvote + 2 Spotlight
- 2nd place :: 5 Upvote + 1 Spotlight
- 3rd place :: 5 Upvote
Deadline 18 december 2020
- Successors 40 airplane(s) +7106 bonus
- Created On Windows
- Wingspan 0.2ft (0.1m)
- Length 0.3ft (0.1m)
- Height 0.2ft (0.0m)
- Empty Weight 551lbs (250kg)
- Loaded Weight 551lbs (250kg)
- Wing Loading -439,839.3lbs/ft2 (-2,147,483.6kg/m2)
- Wing Area 0.0ft2 (0.0m2)
- Drag Points 2
- Number of Parts 1
- Control Surfaces 0