Welcome to Area 88 Challenge
Welcome to the "Area 88" challenge, in which you will have to design a plane for one of the pilots of the air base squad, may Shin Kazama try it? On this occasion you will have to develop a multi-purpose aircraft, capable of attacking targets on the ground and shooting down enemy planes in dogfights. He will also have to face tests of precision and agility flying in the special mission "Tightrope", to attack the heart of the rebel forces. Are you ready to participate?
The challenge has begun!
Build Rules - General
- VERY IMPORTANT! The design and behaviour of the aircraft must be realistic
- Must be successor of this post
- Must be a new post, no reuploads
- Can be both fictional and replica
- Max 2 entries per person
- XML is allowed and expected
- Your entry must be more than 230 parts and less than 750 parts
- The weight and drag of the details can be 0
- The description is highly recommended and it will be specified: 1) Year of introduction, 2) Manufacturer, 3) Options, Specifications, Features
- Infinite fuel or negative weight is not allowed
Build Rules - Specific
- Camouflage or desert color scheme
- The difference between Loaded Weight and Empty Weight will not exceed 12 tons
- The Power/Weight Ratio shall not exceed 2.5
- Max Flares (50 units) Max Chaffs (50 units)
Build Rules - Weapons
- The maximum number of hardpoints will be 12
- You can use a maximum of 2 guns (Include cannons or combination)
- The aircraft may equip a maximum of 4 air-to-air missiles
- You can equip large or small bombs and ground attack missiles
- You can design your own custom weapons
- Infinite weapons or unrealistic behavior of weapons not allowed
It will be judged
- Ease of maneuver -
30pt- Your aircraft handles well, flies at a speed suitable for the type of aircraft, turns well, has a smooth flight, works well at all speeds, quickly gains altitude.
- Realistic model -
70pt- If it looks realistic or plausible, you will gain more points
- Details, paint and accesories -
30pt- Do you have good looks and details?
- Realistic weapons and behaviour -
40pt- It has weapons according to those currently available. Is the behavior of the weapons realistic? Do the missiles have realistic reach, speed and behavior? Do you use guns based on real or similar weapons?
- Build quality -
30pt- Your aircraft has been built with quality, paying attention to detail, has a good finish
- Mission Fulfillment -
100pt- If your plane complete the mission on the secret challenge map you get 100 points
- Fair play -
20pt- If you meet all the rules you will earn 20 points, otherwise you can lose up to 20 points
About the mission
- Tightrope mission Video of the mission in which it is inspired
As you can see in the video, your plane will have to fly low along a canyon between the desert mountain ranges so as not to be detected by enemy defenses. Along this dangerous route, your plane will have to overcome short-range anti-aircraft defenses, rocks that block the road, until it reaches the attack-bombing zone.
- Aslam liberation
You will have to participate in an anti-tank mission to prevent the invasion of the rebels in the capital of the kingdom of Aslam.
How is the test on the secret map?
- All aircraft participating in the challenge will be tested on a secret map.
- There is a default route for missions, which all participants will have to overcome
- The elimination of enemy units will add points
- The test video will be published on YouTube.
- Finally, the secret map will also be published.
- Winner :: 30 Upvote + 1 Spotlight
- 2nd place :: 5 Upvote + 1 Spotlight
- 3rd place :: 5 Upvote
- Successors 95 airplane(s) +8905 bonus
- Created On Windows
- Wingspan 1.6ft (0.5m)
- Length 3.3ft (1.0m)
- Height 1.6ft (0.5m)
- Empty Weight 551lbs (250kg)
- Loaded Weight 551lbs (250kg)
- Wing Loading -439,839.3lbs/ft2 (-2,147,483.6kg/m2)
- Wing Area 0.0ft2 (0.0m2)
- Drag Points 127
- Number of Parts 1
- Control Surfaces 0