Profile image

Unpopular opinion

29.3k IStoleYourMeme  one month ago

Thanking someone for upvoting your planes by tagging them in the comments every single time is unnecessary, shallow, and annoying. Finding several notifications and expecting them to be something worth the notification like a comment with some actual meaning or an upvote and having them all just be “omg thnk u 4 upvoting my plen xddd” gets tiresome and makes me want to not upvote planes.
EDIT: If they leave a comment complimenting the plane first then it’s different
I understand there may be some that think the opposite way, that not flooding your own comment section thanking everyone who upvotes would be rude. I am curious as to why you think that way.

• Profile image
    1,467 Reen1

@Chancey21 @Ryn176 -same, I thank people almost all the time.

+1 one month ago
  • Profile image

@IStoleYourMeme
    I know this comment is not relevant to the topic but can you create a roundel for me?
    This is the image:
    https://es.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archivo:RoundelofColombia.svg

one month ago
  • Profile image
    26.9k destroyerP

Used to do that back then, I’ve then getting tagged about getting a compliment after upvoting, and I find it annoying. Then I noticed I done the same to others, so I decided to stop.

In my opinion, yes, it’s nice to if you give others compliment. But take a second and think that this is just an airplane building sandbox game and upvote is literally nothing but giving you more useless internet points.

+3 one month ago
  • Profile image
    6,053 Ryn176

@Roswell yeah it's quite tedious tbh

one month ago
  • Profile image
    6,053 Ryn176

That's me and I'm not going to stop

:)

+1 one month ago
  • Profile image

@shahram15 Thanks, sure

one month ago
  • Profile image
    6,453 Roswell

I see your point of view one and It's very unstable but.. some people just want to be nice by thanking people who upvotes their build It's a small little gesture of appreciation and something so little like a upvote means a lot because it mean that person like that build.
    Side note: I used to do this a long time ago but it got little tedious to think every updoot so now I just respond to comments, but seeing this post seems like attack.

That's just my opinion.

+1 one month ago
  • Profile image
    7,443 shipster

I mean...I do my best to thank people, and ask their opinions to improve. But I don’t always get to everyone.

one month ago
  • Profile image
    1,770 shahram15

@Leonelarminrocks7 I want to be your Friend , but you should build something first !

one month ago
  • Profile image

@ChiyomiAnzai All my points are from 2+ yrs ago wen i was good at this game

one month ago
  • Profile image

@ChiyomiAnzai True, I think w/ one more good plane, I can get there :D

one month ago
  • Profile image
    14.3k ChiyomiAnzai

You’re almost at gold.
    @Leonelarminrocks7

one month ago
  • Profile image

I dont care. Nobody upvotes my planes anyways

one month ago
  • Profile image
    25.6k Aeromen

Personally i don't care, but i understand your point. Sometimes this can be annoying because you are waiting for something important foe example, and get an notification of something like that. This is frustrating.

+2 one month ago
  • Profile image
    14.3k ChiyomiAnzai

“Lowly”. That’s a bit rude, no?
    @Armyguy1534

one month ago
  • Profile image
    14.3k ChiyomiAnzai

I thank the first three people and spotlighters that way it doesn’t look like I don’t care, rather that I’m busy doing something else.

one month ago
  • Profile image
    52.5k Chancey21

I do it all the time @Armyguy1534

+2 one month ago
  • Profile image
    52.5k Chancey21

Really?
    I apologize; I thank people for upvoting all the time. I didn’t know it bothered people.

+2 one month ago
  • Profile image
    3,137 StallFlight

Not unpopular

one month ago
  • Profile image

Yeah sometimes thanking people is a little annoying, so I just stopped doing it after 1 or 2 posts

one month ago
  • Profile image
    9,194 Viper3000ad

In my opinion, it is polite to try the airplane and not simply vote. Also, the comment should also have something about how it flies from the aerodynamic point of view. No one asks what is the Stall Speed, ​​or how much drag it has. Let us encourage such discussions besides - thank you, very nice and cool...
    I will vote for it so that other people can see it and also express themselves

+3 one month ago
  • Profile image
    59.4k belugasub

It’s nice that people say thanks, but I agree it can get very annoying

+2 one month ago
  • Profile image
    5,543 JamesBoA

@Stormfur pleiiin

one month ago
  • Profile image

i'm with you by only thanking a comment

one month ago