Profile image

A Sum-Up of Nearly Every 1.8 Suggestion So Far.

86.0k ForeverPie  5 months ago

Because we need another 1.8 post to pressure the devs into completely shutting down and abandoning SimplePlanes.

OK, so basically,

BogdanX wants better engine physics.

JamesPLANESii wants better fuel consumption physics.

ThePilotDude wants better lighting

@everyone wants hollow fuselages and new wings.

Multiple people, including mikoyanster and myself, want a new paint tool to paint custom decals without adding parts.

gLaSs

There seems to be a growing movement to #makeaigreatagain by making ai squadrons, and having ai turrets.

EternalDarkness claims that @everyone wants a cannon

And I want to pitch forward the idea of making fuel not weigh the ridiculous amout it does, because 1 gallon is 9 pounds, making it impossible to have a realistic amount of fuel on your plane without making it overweight.

And this is how the devs feel right now BTW

• Profile image
    49.7k Chancey21

You can do that with curbed fuselages and scaling @Z3RO

5 months ago
  • Profile image
    24.7k Z3RO

hollow fuselages. please, its just a intake without the rear end, i am not asking for a perfect hollow fuselage without a internal hit detection mesh, just a hollow fuselage, its not a must, but it can help. Now steping on a more idiot idea. adjustable Curve on fuselage sections. i know this one is complicated and hard to be made, but just a idea left around.

+3 5 months ago
  • Profile image

@Tully2001 It would be great idea

5 months ago
  • Profile image

@BogdanX I think the painting tool is a good idea because it democratizes a good level of detail in airplanes. It will make them more beautiful and realistic and also make the construction process even more creative.
    On the other hand, I understand that it must be difficult to implement it in the game. However, I do not think we should lose hope. There are many games that incorporate this type of paint editors.

5 months ago
  • Profile image
    Mod Tully2001

you guys are forgetting about my suggestion of the reintroduction if the dummy

+1 5 months ago
  • Profile image
    Mod Mod

@ForeverPie "A US gallon of water weighs 8.34 lbs or 3.78 kg" --- "JP-5 is a complex mixture of hydrocarbons, containing alkanes, naphthenes, and aromatic hydrocarbons that weighs 6.8 pounds per U.S. gallon (0.81 kg/l)" --- Normal gallon of water weighs 8lbs rounded, and jet fuel weighs 7lbs rounded.

5 months ago
  • Profile image
    220k BogdanX

fuel weight is easily fixed with mass scale edit of the fuselage block or fuel tank.
    The paint tool is a lunacy, turning this Simple planes into Simple Paint.exe. It won't be even considered, because i suspect is very hard to add to game code...
    I also tell you that new wings, with realistic airfoil shape won't be added (some little bird told me that requires too much game code changing)...

Keep posting this 1.8 suggestions if you like to waste your time.
    Devs have their hands full with SR2... if they will even consider a major 1.8 update for SP, they have a long list.
    I only asked for a small fix, something that requires a few lines in the game code and little testing.

+2 5 months ago
  • Profile image

Summed it pretty well tbh. But Looks a bit imposing

+1 5 months ago
  • Profile image
    521 canard35

I want to put my profile picture on my planes as decals

5 months ago
  • Profile image
    22.3k M4A4Firefly

custom track and custom cannon

5 months ago
  • Profile image
    18.5k Notaleopard

More action groups

5 months ago
  • Profile image
    21.5k TheMutePaper

@LancasterAce im betting it would be added

5 months ago
  • Profile image
    6,034 LancasterAce

All I want is a new island to explore

+1 5 months ago
  • Profile image
    21.5k TheMutePaper

@s5ehfr9 thats already a thing

5 months ago
  • Profile image

Nonono, you got it all wrong. All people want is a cannon.

+4 5 months ago
  • Profile image
    28.6k BaconRoll

Fuselage pieces with different shaped cross-sections with more or less than 4 sides for more variety in airplane shapes. Chined fuselages for default parts. Also wrap-around decals you can import from online or something.

5 months ago
  • Profile image
    49.7k Chancey21

I would love a grass strip somewhere @MrSilverWolf

+1 5 months ago
  • Profile image
    80.7k MrSilverWolf

@Chancey21 yeah ;-;
    Honestly though all my idea is to have another dirt airfield like bandit somewhere lol

+1 5 months ago
  • Profile image
    7,797 GINGER01

I've always wanted the paint tool. That will cut back on so many parts of a creation.

5 months ago
  • Profile image

Wait what about an SP version of those electric motors on SR2?

+1 5 months ago
  • Profile image
    49.7k Chancey21

Everybody wants bigger faster better armed... rip ga and small airports @MrSilverWolf

+2 5 months ago
  • Profile image
    66.1k WNP78

yo

+3 5 months ago
  • Profile image
    6,198 Roswell

@ForeverPie I think it should be update 2.0 for a new painting system considering that they need to recode most of the game for that

+4 5 months ago
  • Profile image
    86.0k ForeverPie

@jamesPLANESii yeetus

5 months ago
  • Profile image
    86.0k ForeverPie

@mikoyanster Yeah, I remember putting the paint tool on the uservoice, and a lot of people agreed. It does unfortunately mean the devs have to remap every part in the game, it would be an entire update in itself, but would be well worth it.

+3 5 months ago