Welcome to the Air Defence challenge, your chance to win a few upvotes and a FEATURE! Here are the challenge requirements:
- Your build must be a land-based air defence system;
- Your build must be able to destroy airborne targets in the game. Statues will be disqualified.
- Your build must contain at least 150 parts, and fewer than 1000 parts;
- Your build must be a successor to the challenge post;
- You must use Air Defence tag;
- No mod parts are allowed. XML editing is allowed and encouraged;
- No futuristic or other fantasy builds. I am expecting realistic entries.
- Your system must be a new build. No modified old anti-air systems. It can be mounted on an old chassis though. In that case, system itself must have no fewer than 150 parts, and overall build must have fewer than 1000.
DEADLINE IS 1st of June
Challenge will be accepting gun systems, missile systems, combined systems, both self propelled, trailered, and fixed.
ONLY ONE BUILD PER COMPETITOR
- Design: Does it look like a proper air defence system? If it's a replica, how accurate is it? Are positions accessible to a human operator?
- Performance: Does it reliably hit planes over the stated range? If self-propelled, does it move properly?
- Build quality: Are there moving parts? How part-efficient is it? Is there custom stuff?
- Personal Impression: Did I enjoy using it?
- Description: Does it describe the build? Its history, real or fictional? Are there good pictures of the build? Are controls listed?
Do your best. Just because a high level builder posted a good entry, doesn't mean you can't beat him with a bit of effort.
1st place: 3 spotlights and 10 upvotes;
2nd place: 2 spotlights and 5 upvotes;
3rd place: 1 spotlight and 3 upvotes.
WINNING BUILD WILL BE FEATURED
I will not download any entries before the challenge is closed. I will provide minimal feedback on WIPs ("looks suitable", "doesn't look suitable" "you may want to research this specific system that is similar to yours"...)
If you are not sure about something regarding the challenge rules, feel free to ask.
A few advices:
- Do your research. There's plenty of air defence systems. Take a note of their specs, functions, design. etc.
- Pay attention to details. Every part of a real system has a purpose. Try to incorporate it into your build.
For those of you who don't know, here's how you make custom missiles:
You'll most likely need that for the challenge.
Good luck, and may the best builder win.
- Successors 75 airplane(s) +8366 bonus
- Created On Windows
- Wingspan 29.5ft (9.0m)
- Length 4.0ft (1.2m)
- Height 19.7ft (6.0m)
- Empty Weight 1,669lbs (757kg)
- Loaded Weight 1,669lbs (757kg)
- Wing Loading -439,839.3lbs/ft2 (-2,147,483.6kg/m2)
- Wing Area 0.0ft2 (0.0m2)
- Drag Points 45560
- Number of Parts 64
- Control Surfaces 0