Hey everyone! Its time for round 3 of the 1.7 beta. It should now (or very soon) be available on Google Play, Steam, and GOG. The version number should be 22.214.171.124
Because I know many of you will ask...
The release date is 'when its ready' - probably a week or two from now
The beta is not available on iOS or Amazon
We logged a lot of feedback and bug reports from the last couple rounds of beta. We are still working through it. This round of the beta is still going to have a few remaining known issues. If you have already reported or seen a bug reported in the previous betas, no need to mention it again unless we listed it as fixed in the change log below. If you noticed any new bugs, particularly related to the list of changes below, please let us know and provide as much detail as possible. It is especially helpful to provide us with links to planes related to any bugs you encounter.
Here is the list of changes since the last beta.
- Flak should no longer explode underwater.
- The collider for rockets has been shrunk a little bit.
- The rocket pod now uses a capsule collider rather than a box collider.
- The fuselage rise/run limits have been increased to 5.
- The show/hide damage should function correctly now in all scenarios.
- Fixed a bug with part property sliders sometimes showing an incorrect slider position.
- The countermeasure dispenser now has a default of 16 ammo.
- The effectiveness of the countermeasures has been cut in half.
- Fixed an issue with scaled torpedos sinking underwater.
- Fixed a bug with scaled rotators not rotating parts correctly.
- Fixed a bug with incorrect calculations for control surface deflection.
- The propeller engine no longer restrics modded engine power to within normal range when selected.
- Added the Cleaver missile to the part list.
- Moved the attach point for the Cleaver missile.
- Made some tweaks to the missiles related to them traveling at thier specified max speeds. Missile XML now supports a 'maxSpeed' attribute. Existing planes (but not new ones) with low mass missiles will now auto-upgrade to a higher than normal max speed.