Hey everyone! Its time for round 2 of the 1.7 beta. It should now (or very soon) be available on Google Play, Steam, and GOG. The version number should be 18.104.22.168
For those of you that missed the first round of the beta, information on what it includes and how to get it can be found here.
Because I know many of you will ask...
The release date is 'when its ready' - probably a week or two from now
The beta is not available on iOS or Amazon
We logged a lot of feedback and bug reports from the last beta. We are still working through it. This round of the beta is still going to have some known issues. If you have already reported or seen a bug reported in the first beta, no need to mention it again unless we listed it as fixed in the change log below. If you noticed any new bugs, particularly related to the list of changes below, please let us know and provide as much detail as possible. It is especially helpful to provide us with links to planes related to any bugs you encounter.
Here is the list of changes since the last beta.
- Reverted nudge increment change.
- Fixed the black screen issues on some Android devices and the GOG OSX version.
- Fixed a couple bugs with control surface deflection calculations.
- Fixed a bug with combat UI buttons overlapping .
- Fixed a bug with fuel leaking while paused.
- Fixed a bug with rockets not firing when using detachers.
- Fixed a bug with the 'Loading...' label getting stuck when attempting to enter a level with banned parts.
- Fixed a bug with AA missiles exploding at the wrong position.
- Fixed a bug with bullets using incorrect data (disableAircraftCollisions should reliably work now).
- Fixed a bug with bullets being oriented incorrectly when the velocity vector differed from the gun orientation.
- Fixed a bug with rotator ranges when mirrored.
- Fixed a bug with mirroring scaled parts.
- Improved the mirror tool for mirroring wings.
- Tweaked the torpedo water trail.
- Updated the look of the high quality water on mobile.
- Part damage particle systems are no longer scaled with the part scale.
- Transform Part Panel rotation degrees label is hidden/zeroed when Zero Rotation button is pressed.
- The gun and countermeasure buttons are shown on PC even when touch controls are disabled.
- Some crash detection logic has been added to help prevent the game from getting stuck with a airplane design that always crashes the game. If the game crashes while attempting to load the designer or terrain, the game should prompt you after restarting if you want to remove the current airplane from the designer. This should help some of our mobile users that download an airplane that is a little too beefy for thier device to handle.