It's been a long day! We finally got the release up on Steam, GOG, and Google Play (it may take a few hours to be available on Google Play).
Here's what's new in the 1.7 beta:
- Countermeasure Dispenser (Chaffs / Flares)
- Unguided Rocket
- Part Transform tool
- Improved Damage Model
- Parts can now take damage instead of instantly exploding
- Engines can catch on fire
- Control surfaces, RCNs, rotators, etc can be shot out
- Wings can leak fuel
- Improved look and performance of bullets
- Chaffs and flares can now prevent and break locks
- Aircraft size and engines also play a role in how difficult it is to acquire a lock
- WW2 Destroyer with Flak Cannons
- WW2 Torpedo Mission
- Number entry on Fuselage Properties
- Redesigned Fire buttons
- Allow downloading any sized plane on mobile (as long as you are logged in)
- Cycle designer part properties buttons in reverse via right-click
- Disable Auto-Sizing of nose cones after it has been manually resized
- AI fire countermeasures
- Bridge Demolition Mission is a bit harder
- Collisions between dynamic rigid bodies now downscale the impact force if the other body has less mass.
- Bomb explosions have been updated
- Some smoke damage particle effects have been updated
- Damage for various weapons has been tweaked as well as the health of the ships. It may take more to sink them now.
- AI plane tweaks (dogfighting should work better now)
- Bombs and missiles that have been fired are no longer affected by explosions (easier to carpet bomb now).
- Fixed part menu scrolling
- Fixed bug that allowed missiles without cameras to load terrain.
- Fixed a couple bugs related to races.
- Fixed some issues with wing leveling mode.
- Ability to invert input from XML by placing a minus sign in front of the input
- Updated the boolean type inputs for input controllers to return -1 or 1 rather than 0 or 1. This allows the use of the input controllers min/max values to be used in conjunction with the boolean input types.
- Add firingDelay XML Option to Existing Weapons
- Hidden XML Option for Self Destruct and Burn Time on Rockets.
- Add Support for input="Activate1" (that’s AG1) on InputControllers
- The “disableAircraftCollisions” attribute on guns can now be used to prevent your bullets from colliding with your plane.
- Added Unity version check to the mod builder window.
- Removed warning about multiple mods loading the same exact assembly.
- Added load priority for mods to better manage mod dependencies.
HOW DO I GET BETA?
- Open the Steam client. You need to own SimplePlanes on Steam.
- Right-click on the game in your library and click “Properties.”
- Click the “Betas” tab.
- From the “Select the beta you would like to opt into:” drop-down dialog, select public-test.
- Steam should start downloading the public-test version of the game. You can also verify that you are playing the public test by checking the version in the “About” menu from the initial menu: 126.96.36.199
- On the SimplePlanes library page in the GOG Galaxy client, select the "More" button (next to "Play") and then select the "Settings" option.
- On the right side of the window, there should be an option to enable "Beta Channels". Set it to "ON".
- For the "Channel" option under the "Configure Game" section, select "Public Beta" from the dropdown.
- The latest public beta should begin downloading immediately.
- Go to this link.
- Download the beta version of SimplePlanes
- Note: The beta was just rolled out, so it may take a few hours for it to be fully available to everyone.
- Sorry, but we're not doing an iOS beta at this time.
WHAT TO TEST
Test the new features outlined above. Test your existing designs and make sure they still work! Test how the new part damage works. Test the new parts. Test the new WW2 Torpedo mission. Let us know if anything looks whacky. You can reply to this post, or contact us at email@example.com.
Thanks for playing!