P-38J Lightning "Skidoo"
The current version currently has a broken left rudder. Not sure if this is due to the 1.8 beta, an upload error, or just negligence on my part.
Fixed version HERE
First of all, HUGE thanks to BogdanX, Chancey21, CoolPeach, CRJ900Pilot, DepressedTortoise, and Gravity for their help play testing, giving feedback, and giving pointers with XML editing. Honestly this thing would be an un-aerodynamic mess without their help. Check them all out.
This nearly 1:1 scale P-38J is my best design, and possibly my last for a long time. (Who knows though, I've said this before)
The Skidoo is the first thing I ever saw fly at an airshow, and I've been on SimplePlanes, and a path towards piloting and aero engineering ever since.
- Accurate nose art and ID numbers, plus many, many more details
- Realistic flight performance (thanks again to all play testers)
- Working fowler flaps, combat flaps, turbocharger and other exhaust ports, and a passable cockpit interior
VTOL Down: Fowler flaps
AG 1: Combat/dive flaps
Try it on the WW2 torpedo bomber mission for some atmospheric flak flying
- Created On Mac
- Wingspan 52.2ft (15.9m)
- Length 38.2ft (11.6m)
- Height 12.3ft (3.8m)
- Empty Weight 11,924lbs (5,408kg)
- Loaded Weight 11,924lbs (5,408kg)
- Horse Power/Weight Ratio 0.276
- Wing Loading 27.6lbs/ft2 (134.6kg/m2)
- Wing Area 432.6ft2 (40.2m2)
- Drag Points 4356
- Number of Parts 1878
- Control Surfaces 6