Profile image

My own suggestion for the next update

31.2k DerekSP  3 months ago

I see a lot of these posts going around.
I do not suggest adding any new parts, or islands, or anything unachievable like that.
I suggest a simple change that can enhance the building and sandbox experience;
Remove fuselage and wing edit limits. If someone wants to re-shape a wing that collides with something, just let them do it. If someone wants to add a fuselage section that would collide with something, just leave the button there. These restrictions make no sense, given that the developers themselves provided the fine tune panel that will let us (with a bit more effort) achieve the desired result anyway, without having to touch the xml

EDIT: Also, maybe an option to unlock the size limit of fuselages would be great. I understand that the thought behind that limit was to prevent performance issues, but what about a popup that warns you when you try to increase the fuselage size over 10, with a nice little don't show again tickbox in the corner.

• Profile image

@GeneralOliverVonBismarck forgot about that.

3 months ago
  • Profile image

But the USS beast would not make the game more laggy if it was bigger. Especially due to the new engines increasing optimization for devices. @communisticbanana

3 months ago
  • Profile image

@GeneralOliverVonBismarck they will be plauged in lag

3 months ago
  • Profile image

@GeneralOliverVonBismarck think of the mobile users...

3 months ago
  • Profile image

Nope we need full scale USS beast the current is way to smol@communisticbanana

3 months ago
  • Profile image

This is probably the single best 1.8 idea.

3 months ago
  • Profile image

@JohnnyBoythePilot agreed

+2 3 months ago
  • Profile image
    7,842 MrTyTheGreat

Don't remove it entirely, but make it an option in the menu to remove them.

3 months ago
  • Profile image

@DerekSP
    Well transparent blocks are possible in the game via the X-ray mod or the multi-select tool of the Fine Tuner mod, so making a dedicated transparent fuselage block shouldn't be too hard.

3 months ago
  • Profile image
    31.2k DerekSP

@JohnnyBoythePilot it would, but what I (and you) propose would be much easier to implement, over all platforms

+3 3 months ago
  • Profile image
    35.6k Awsomur

I second this motion.

+4 3 months ago
  • Profile image

Although window/transparent fuselage blocks would be nice.

+3 3 months ago
  • Profile image

Or at the very least, expand the limit to like, 50 or 100 instead of 10.

+7 3 months ago