Hey everyone! Its time for round 4 of the 1.7 beta (final round??). It should now (or very soon) be available on Google Play, Steam, and GOG. The version number should be 126.96.36.199 (and 188.8.131.52 for Google Play).
EDIT: Build 184.108.40.206 is out on Steam/GOG. It fixes an issue with incorrect collision detection for bullets in certain circumstances. It also includes updated mod tools that includes the ability to add the new destroyers and windsocks to custom mod maps.
Because I know many of you will ask...
The release date is 'when its ready' - likely later this week or next week
The beta is not available on iOS or Amazon
At this point most of the bugs uncovered in the previous beta rounds should be fixed. If there are no major issues left, this will be the final round of beta, with a release to follow on all platforms in the next few days. Let us know if you see any issues. Thanks everyone!
Here is the list of changes since the last beta.
- Reduced the distance that a piston snaps to it's target position, so it's less jarring when looking closely.
- Added "invertType" option to the InputController. Defaults to "axis" for most parts and to "output" for rotators.
- Rockets now check the impact force when collisions occur, no longer blowing up if sneezed on.
- Fixed an issue with rotators failing to find a joint after being mirrored. It's still not perfect, but much improved.
- The tire squeal no longer plays at the camera.
- Fixed bug with center of mass being incorrect for bodies with 0 total mass. (fixes 0 mass missile wobble on detachers)
- Rolled back a change that clamped the massScale to a non-zero value.
- Fixed a bug with engine throttle limits. (fixes some issues with engines using inverted inputs)
- Reduced the likelihood of engine destruction and the impact of a damaged engine when it is hit with a bullet.
- XML support for scaling bullets (now set with "bulletScale", not the part's scale - old planes auto-upgraded).
- XML support for disabling gun muzzle flash ("muzzleFlash" - true/false)
- Anti air missiles can now be shot down with guns.
- Torpedoes no longer show water trails when fully submerged.
- Rocket training now allows just single rockets, and does not fail when single rockets blow up.
- Rockets no longer fire when launched from detachers in missions where rockets are disabled.
Note: As of right now, the Google Play build and the initial Steam/GOG builds have a bug in which enemy ships and convoys don't shoot at you. This is a problem with 220.127.116.11 and should be fixed in 18.104.22.168. An updated build was published for Steam/GOG but not yet for Google Play. Sorry!!