- Added Glass Fuselage part. This supports transparency, as well as hiding its front and back faces when connected to other glass parts. The glass will also shatter instead of exploding like other parts do. For some info on how to tweak it's material to make it look nice, check the part's description text by clicking/tapping on it in the parts list.
- Added "Smooth Front" and "Smooth Back" options to fuselages. This alters the surface normals to make the shading of the joint appear seamless, without changing the actual shape of the parts. For this to work, there has to be another fuselage connected to the front or back connector and lined up.
- Added an
explosionScaleXML attribute to bombs and missiles (inlcudes torpedos). Default values are:
- Boom 25: 0.8
- Boom 50: 1.6
- Torpedo: 0.8
- Inferno : 1
- Cleaver : 1.8
- Guardian: 1
- Interceptor: 1
- Added 4 input expressions (Funky Trees) variables:
TargetSelected, true if there is a target selected, otherwise false.
TargetHeading, the heading to the selected target in degrees.
TargetElevation, the vertical angle to the selected target in degrees.
TargetDistance, the distance to the selected target in metres.
- Added a setting on iOS to change the framerate limit. (vSync already overrides the framerate limit on all other platforms)
- Upgraded to Unity 2019.4.8 (LTS). This did cause some issues with some mods which I think I have fixed up, but please test out as many mods as you can.
- Turned down physics update in the designer (there's not even any physics in the designer, so hey) for a small-ish FPS boost.
- By popular demand, allowed blueprint images to be shown while taking craft screenshots for an upload.
- Tentatively removed an overlap in the clip planes between the near and far cameras. This was done to remove a seam ages ago, but it made the glass look a bit worse. This is where we need you testers! If you see a "seam" across your vision that is perpendicular to the view direction and about 0.4m from the game camera, please tell us! I've not found it on anything I've tried, but older mobile hardware is a possibility.
- Fixed an issue with connections that could lead to craft not loading in the designer - if you have any saved craft that would fail to load, try loading them again now.
- Fixed bug with using the rate of the speed of the aircraft in input expressions.
- Air-to-Air cannon prediction now disables when predictor quality set to off.
- Fixed string comparison in input expressions on mobile platforms.
- Orthographic keybind (default "C") disables when control is held, so it is not activated when trying to Ctrl+C.
- Casting from number to boolean in input expressions is now consistent across platforms (now it evaluates to n>0).
- Fixed some FT values on scaled cockpits - this could affect existing craft, if they have active stability programs and squashed cockpits.
- Using speed variables in input expressions on AI craft now return correct values.
- Known (we're working on these):
- There is a reported instance of FT being completely non-functioning on Chromebook. Awaiting user reply. Contact me if you have this issue and could help me trace it.
- Smoothing with hard edges on back-to-back or front-to-front fuselages is wrong.
- Glass doesn't show in the 3-view on craft uploads.
- Fix complete (will be out in the next beta round):
- Fixed in 1.10.103:
- Glass with high opacity looks dark in the designer but not the flight view.
- MultiRole missiles not appearing in the weapons view
=operator not working on mobile (SelectedWeapon, boolean comparison).
- It's become a lot easier to clip through the terrain when crashing fast.
- Multiplayer mod throws
TypeLoadExceptions in the designer.
- Magnet stops working when a weapon is fired.
- Magnet may not work when set to AG 8 and within close proximity to an object on start.
- App crash when user presses cancel on the blueprint selection window on MacOS.
- Glass fuselages with different cross sections that were connected would hide their front and back faces.
- Hugely scaled explosions look strange (should have known you would)
- Fixed in 1.10.101:
- Version number doesn't show properly in the about page (it's too long!). If you can't see the version, you have 1.10.100
- Settings page on the main menu doesn't scroll.
- An issue with the sea level or other scene objects moving when lots of particles were present.
- Opacity not updating when you move the slider in the designer.
- Metallic part materials caused glass to be opaque. Because metal is opaque or something I guess. In later beta rounds, the metallic value will be multiplied by the opacity, so that this doesn't happen.
HOW TO GET BETA
- Open the Steam client and go to your Library
- Right-click on SimplePlanes and select Properties
- Go to the Betas tab
- Select Public Test from the beta dropdown
- Click Close
The Google Play version is still rolling out and will take a few hours. Go to this link and opt-in to beta test.
You can sign up for it here and you will be notified via TestFlight when it is available.
Edit: It's now available for iOS
Version 1.10.101 Changes
- Glass metallic value is now multiplied by its opacity.
- Added Toggle Fast Forward input.
- Fixed an issue that caused mods to have pink terrain.
- Fixed a bug where non-grouped glass parts wouldn't shatter properly.
- Fixed bug where opacity would not update in the designer.
- Fixed a bug that would cause massive, instantaneous global warming resulting in higher sea levels.