DEADLINE 1 SEPTEMBER (plus one week if at least 2 people need more time)
This challenge goal is to create a machine capable to destroy a target by deliberate suicidal, ramming or self-destruction crash.
READ THE RULES!
This is a fun, but difficult challenge. Despite name, challenge is not restricted to Japan models during World War 2. Many civilizations during history (from antiquity to modern era) used different suicidal or ramming devices. I will list some examples bellow. Do your research, build something cool, let's have some fun blowing stuff. I want to keep this challenge small and smart. So, please use your brain
Also entries should be replicas or heavily inspired from real models (inspiration source must be mentioned in description, i don't want to speculate). Real models must be devices designed for suicidal, self-destruction or ramming role
- Must be replica or an approximate imitation of a real model (inspiration model must be mentioned in description) which was designed for self-destruction, no adaptation (like 9/11 airliners) allowed
- Must be a successor, unique and personal design, recycled designs don't qualify. Delete the bomb and use the cockpit
- Parts count: (at least) 150+ (Exploits like mass-mirroring or basic model with complicated logos will be disqualified)
- Part mods allowed: pilot and smoke only (editor mods like overload, fine-tuner, x-ray etc are allowed). XML editing is allowed, no limitation on fuel, weight, power etc
- Detailed description with controls explained, special features detailed too (so i won't miss something cool your vehicle can do), in case of fictional you must mention what model you got inspiration from. Wiki links are appreciated.
- Targets: Bridge/Convoy targeted from Bandit Base for land models, Tiny/Beast carriers for air and water models.
1. Visuals 25p How good your machine looks. Shape, body painting, logos, insignias, text, decals, panels etc.
2. Construction 25p Your building technique. How well your machine is assembled. How smooth is the fuselage/body, how well visual details are added, custom controls, landing gear, tracks, devices etc.
3. Functionality 25p How good/fun/realistic your machine performs. Stability, handling, off-road performance, water steering etc.
4. Accuracy 25p How well resembles the real thing, replica or imitation. Visually or functionality. Damage should be plausible for model and era. Boom size and damage should match the real thing. (Hint: no cleaver for a ww2 kamikaze)
5. Impression 25p The cool factor, how inspired was your design, how much i enjoyed your build. Also description is very important (i dont care for photos, but i need controls and feature explained, also some documentation links)
- 10 upvotes, Spotlight, Predecessor for one of my future builds
- 7 upvotes, Spotlight
- 5 upvotes, Spotlight
Any valid entry gets upvote, quality builds will get extra 2 upvotes
(no promises, but i will try to come with a surprise, like an editor background)
AIR: Allied Boeing BQ-7 Aphrodite (Radio guided B-17 full with explosives), Nazi Lippisch P.13a (ramming jet designed to cut bomber tails), any ballistic missile (Tactical or Intercontinental)
LAND: Goliath tracked mine, Springer tank, The Great Panjandrum
WATER: Fireship, Kaiten submarine, Mayale manned torpedo
There are a lot of device types that match the "suicide device" theme, so i will accept bombs and missiles big and complicated enough, as long they have an proper launch platform... like a truck, installation, aircraft, container etc... (i added this exception because some people can find human post suicidal disturbing, so i switched to suicidal device)
So, before building something, you should check with me (on unlisted posts if you don't want your ideas stolen)
- Successors 17 airplane(s) +1722 bonus
- Created On Windows
- Wingspan 6.5ft (2.0m)
- Length 4.1ft (1.3m)
- Height 6.3ft (1.9m)
- Empty Weight 110lbs (50kg)
- Loaded Weight 110lbs (50kg)
- Wing Loading -439,839.3lbs/ft2 (-2,147,483.6kg/m2)
- Wing Area 0.0ft2 (0.0m2)
- Drag Points 70
- Number of Parts 1
- Control Surfaces 0