Airborne auto turret
* Auto turret but it is airborne!!!!!!! *
Or you can find those GIF here in the case of it not showing.
I've always want to make my own auto turret and finally I made it, after taking apart countless other's turret and re-learning some physics lol.
I made it in "piggy bag" configuration because this plane serve as a testbed to my new TLS laser for ADFX-02 Morgan, if relatively slow velocity bullet work just fine laser will work too!!
It was not easy to make an auto turret like this so here is a list of known issues.
- The turret is raised behind and above the cockpit so there will be some parallax problem. I managed to fix vertical parallax problem but I didn't fix the horizontal parallax because it make the aim off by about 50cm which is not a problem.
- I have no idea how bullets in SP decelerate in flight so I didn't code them in the turret that's mean at longer range (above 2.5 km) the aim will be off by a lot.
- Gimbal lock problem. This cause inaccuracy in steep dive or climb, you can google it for more info.
- 15 degrees cone of fast firing minigun that track and lead target automatically.
- Almost unstable flight model with fly-by-Funky-tree.
- Carrier operational.
- AG2: Tail hook.
- AG8: Toggle Fly-by-Funky-tree system.
Ps. the minigun I used is XML moded a little bit.(more fire rate, 1000m/s muzzle velocity, tracer color)
- Created On Windows
- Wingspan 29.7ft (9.0m)
- Length 33.1ft (10.1m)
- Height 11.7ft (3.6m)
- Empty Weight 10,565lbs (4,792kg)
- Loaded Weight 13,715lbs (6,221kg)
- Power/Weight Ratio 2.457
- Wing Loading 63.5lbs/ft2 (310.1kg/m2)
- Wing Area 215.9ft2 (20.1m2)
- Drag Points 2500
- Number of Parts 43
- Control Surfaces 5