Optimised for dogfights with the AI!
You are able to get within 0.1 of a mile fairly quickly and then disintegrate the other plane in no time! If fighting another Fokker E.iii it may take a few more hits, but you will see it break apart and catch on fire in the process!
Credit to Kimcotupan15 for his shell ejection system.
Normal controls, and;
- AG1 to change (move back) the cockpit FOV.
- Camera 1 for dogfighting - the camera is elevated, pointed 10 degrees up and has a small sight.
Tips for dogfighting with the AI:
- Use the same plane for the opponent, or a plane with a top speed of around 200 mph.
- Start in close position (these planes are not fast).
- After you start, you will end up tailing the opponent by pitching up (most of the time). You can switch to camera 1 (this will look ‘up’) which will help you observe the direction of roll of the opponent.
- The basic strategy is to anticipate the next turn of the opponent, turn at the same time and ‘cut the corner’ each time.
- If you cannot observe the opponent ie. he is out of view/too close/or on your tail; pitch up, place the green target at the top of the screen, then don’t roll. If the green target starts to move to the right, roll to the right keeping the target at the top. If it continues to move right, then slowly roll further until the green target is a little to the left, all the time pitching up.
- Keep doing this and soon you will be right on the opponents tail - you know what to do after that!
- Uses wing flexing to roll.
- The fuel gauge is accurate as long as you fly continuously.
- The altimeter and compass move but are fake.
- The AI use the rudder (quick left/right) when coming at you head on. I had to optimise the rudder so the movement was small and therefore the AI more accurate and deadly!
- Successors 1 airplane(s)
- Created On Mac
- Wingspan 37.3ft (11.4m)
- Length 27.3ft (8.3m)
- Height 9.8ft (3.0m)
- Empty Weight 7,142lbs (3,239kg)
- Loaded Weight 8,737lbs (3,963kg)
- Power/Weight Ratio 1.543
- Horse Power/Weight Ratio 0.228
- Wing Loading 15.7lbs/ft2 (76.6kg/m2)
- Wing Area 557.0ft2 (51.8m2)
- Drag Points 5366
- Number of Parts 723
- Control Surfaces 4