100% historically EXACT replica of the Gotha G.IV an Imperial Germany heavy bomber used in the WWI primarily as strategic bomber and air raid bomber.
See Instructions below.
Armed with 2 Spandau machine guns (also historically recreated), the Gotha Bomber was a hard-to-beat target and their air raids were practically inmune to the entente fighters... artillery and blimps were used to stop these beasts with low effectivity.
This was a psychological terror to the british which they can't stop the air raids until the end of the war.
This aircraft is painted with the Kagohl 3 (Pilot Ernst Brandenburg) schemes, used in May 1917.
- Press F5 to activate the pilot view.
- Press F6 to activate the front gunner view.
- Press F7 to activate the rear gunner view.
- Press 1 to use the front MG 14 machinegun.
- Press 2 to use the rear MG 14 machinegun.
- Press 3 to launch the wing roots bombs.
- Takeoff speed is 80 mph.
- Landing is hard to perform, you must land without bombs at 60 mph and use the tail ski. It's easier to land in earth than in runway, autopilot may help.
- For a safe turning do it with a lateral inclination of 45º and use the rudder to stabilize it.