The Wyvwen is here!!!!
What is Wyvern you may ask?
Well... in short it is a fictional hi-tech variable wings rail-gun carrying stealth fighter jet in Ace Combat universe.
This is my take on the legendary Wyvern, comes with all my experience in funky-tree and supermaneuvarbility, with semi-realistic performance, black and red paint scheme and bright afterburner. This is my biggest project to this day!!!
And I hope you enjoy my creation.
I have to say this aircraft layout is challenging in term of aerodynamic, the elevator/rudder combo is the hardest part.
Well... I made it work finally.
But this is not a 100% replica because I have to compromise between looks and performance.
Sorry Ace Combat fans.
- 3D thrust vectoring
- post-stall maneuvers and supermaneuverability.
- Fly-by-funky-tree system (folding wings at high speed, flight stabilization, aoa limiter, etc.)
- Custom landing gear.
- Not so clean looking weapons bay. (I'm still new to modelling aircraft)
- AG1: Supermaneuverability mode. (This disable everything that keep the aircraft from exceeding safe aoa and stalling)
- AG2: Flaps.
- AG3: Drogue parachute.
- AG8: Toggle lights.
AG1 is what you need to activate to do impressive maneuvers, when you press AG1 the fire vent on the side of the engines will open and spitting fire to indicate that supermaneuverability is on (Ace Combat's Wyvern don't have this, I just add it for visual indication.), the aircraft will gain more maneuverability and prone to stall which is not a big problem.
Use mainly Pitch and Yaw control (Roll is still work but not at the same leverage as pitch and yaw due to how close engines are) to do post-stall maneuver.
Once you stall, the control is somewhat like an arcade game Asteroid but in 3D lol.
Here is me performing stunt!!!
First thing to do to achieve post-stall maneuver, stall.
- Freerider2142 2 months ago
- WIZARD2017 4 months ago
- ThomasRoderick 4 months ago
- Notaleopard 4 months ago
- Planeacceleration 4 months ago
- Ergi 4 months ago
- CoconutCraft 4 months ago
- WisconsinStatePolice 4 months ago
- Hellosss38 4 months ago
- Suubk27 4 months ago
- ParziParziTheVal 4 months ago
- Grob0s0VBRa 4 months ago
- Created On Windows
- Wingspan 52.7ft (16.1m)
- Length 64.0ft (19.5m)
- Height 11.8ft (3.6m)
- Empty Weight 15,133lbs (6,864kg)
- Loaded Weight 37,477lbs (16,999kg)
- Power/Weight Ratio 1.798
- Wing Loading 35.1lbs/ft2 (171.3kg/m2)
- Wing Area 1,068.5ft2 (99.3m2)
- Drag Points 8436
- Number of Parts 376
- Control Surfaces 4