It has been long since I made a custom design of my own. So, decided to revive an old build and completely rework it. After more than 20 days of work, I present to you the brand new "Stormfighter" with it's completely custom big guns!
The new design is inspired by the Federation space fighter planes from Star Conflict.
You might wanna ask why I used default parts instead of fuselage for details. Well, look at the blueprint! You will know why.
- Custom weapon models including the biggest gun I designed, nicknamed "The Harbinger"
- VTOL and hover
- Custom Landing Gears
- Missile Bay (for the first time!)
- Spinning Energy Coils inside the energy core at the back of the plane
- Brakes, Flares, Chutes
- Lots of Lights! (best thing about this plane!)
- The Harbinger : Two big rotary auto-cannons and 8 barrels in each and 16000 shells. Highly effective against big ships!
- Assault Railgun : 4 assault guns mounted on the engines with high muzzle velocity. Designed for air-to-air attacks.
- Gauss Cannon : 2 air-to-air and 2 air-to-ground piercing railgun with higher projectile speed and more impact. Designed for attacks with precision.
- Federation Insta-kill Interceptor Missiles : 6 deadly missiles that can only be stopped with flares! (still there are chances of hitting)
- AG1 for Lights!
- AG2 to open missile bay doors and activate missiles
- AG3 for brakes
- AG4 to activate auxiliary VTOL engine which provides extra thrust
- AG5 for chutes
- AG7 to activate gyro
- AG8 to de-activate jumbo jets
Normal Flight Controls : 100% Throttle to take-off. AG4 to increase acceleration and top speed.
Hover Mode: First, AG8 to de-activate jumbo jets and AG7 to activate gyro. While at ground, 65% Throttle to lift-off.
Increase Throttle and adjust nozzles according to your will. Pitch to tilt plane forward/backward. Roll to tilt left/right. Yaw to change heading.
If the planes goes unstable, just AG8 and AG4 to start the engines which will give the plane a forward boost. Then adjust nozzles and pitch to stabilizer the plane.
This is also the first time I tried hover so it's actually not so good but rather clumsy.
Now go blow up some ships and enjoy!
BogdanX for helping with a new FT function on the gun rotators and also for testing
DarthAbhinav for the thumbnail and the pics!
- Predecessor BAC-122 Stormfighter
- Created On Windows
- Wingspan 53.6ft (16.3m)
- Length 45.6ft (13.9m)
- Height 17.0ft (5.2m)
- Empty Weight -4,734,385lbs (-2,147,483kg)
- Loaded Weight 40,174lbs (18,222kg)
- Power/Weight Ratio 13.761
- Wing Loading 48.0lbs/ft2 (234.4kg/m2)
- Wing Area 836.9ft2 (77.8m2)
- Drag Points 2666
- Number of Parts 1100
- Control Surfaces 10