Built in the late 70s as a good Dogfighter, this aircraft saw extensive use in Vietnam as a reconnaissance and anti-air penetration fighter.
Capable of 450 mph dry thrust at sea level, and ~mach 1.5 with afterburner at altitude.
Now, the AI cannot use the afterburner or the autocannon in the gunpod, so I added a minigun and I made it as stable at its low dry speed. I think it will fare really good, or it will crash on its own. The AI is really dumb, and did not slow down so it could turn faster and kill the enemy, but it defeated 2 of the 3 enemies in my trial runs to see if the AI could do it. So... yeah.
- 4 Interceptor Missiles
- 2 Guardian Missiles
- 1 Drogue Rotary Cannon (1000 rnds) / Minigun (Infinite)
- AG1: Afterburner
- AG2: Arresting Hook / Cool Lights
- VTOL Up: Flaps (First notch) ; Airbrakes (All the way)
I hope y'all enjoy!!!
PS: This is probably the best looking/functioning jet aircraft I have EVER made. I really am proud of how it came out, and HUGE thanks to PapaKernels for testing 'er out.
I have faith it will fare well, but I'm really only in this for fun. I don't care if it wins or blows up in a beautiful mushroom cloud.
Now... Onto designing the B-36X Expeller, and making the B-36D Replica...
- Predecessor Mega Dogfight Tournament! [OPEN]
- Created On Android
- Wingspan 27.5ft (8.4m)
- Length 46.2ft (14.1m)
- Height 12.7ft (3.9m)
- Empty Weight 13,494lbs (6,120kg)
- Loaded Weight 16,878lbs (7,656kg)
- Power/Weight Ratio 2.196
- Wing Loading 26.8lbs/ft2 (130.9kg/m2)
- Wing Area 629.7ft2 (58.5m2)
- Drag Points 4962
- Number of Parts 117
- Control Surfaces 0