Royal Aircraft Factory Scout-Experimental 4a
: DISCLAIMER : Not intended for mobile use!
!!VERY IMPORTANT FLYING GUIDE!!
-To make controlling the realistic rotary engine 'easier'-
- Go into options and set
- Be gentle...
- Give up hope of an efficient throttle system, this is a monosoupape rotary it has NO throttle, a total loss oil system and likes to spit boiling castor oil at your face!
-Controlling the engine-
VTOLIs your fuel mix adjuster, it acts as a weak form of throttle and is used mainly for adjusting cruise speed.
LandingGearIs your blip-switch It is your most effective form of throttle, it turns the engine on and off and should mainly be used on landing.
VTOLShould be left in the middle.
LandingGearShould be activated to start the engine.
ActivationGroup: 8Should be De-Activated to stop the engine spinning around weirdly.
VTOLCan be adjusted for preferred cruise speed.
- Land preferably on a flat grassy area.
- Approach: Shallow and low.
- To lose speed: Blip the engine by repeatedly tapping
CapsLock(basically just turn it on and off to slow down faster)
- This plane is very agile and is armed with a forward firing lewis gun (with historically accurate firing characteristics!) mounted on the top wing.
This is the fourth aeroplane in my !NEW! WWI series.
- A replica 9 cylinder Clerget 9B rotary engine.
- Engine controls that are as realistic as I could get.
- Nice rudder controls
- A replica aviation lewis gun
- A very nice Very flare gun
- MANY infuriating to make but pretty, WIRES!
There isn't much Information about this particular aeroplane.
4 were built and they were used for test purposes and as home defense fighters.
In typical British fashion, It had nothing whatsoever to do with the S.E.4 and was a totally different design.
Apparently it was very easy to fly and had excellent aerobatic capabilities, although it was said to be underpowered and rather heavy.
It would be much appreciated if you leave some feedback in the form of a comment!
- Created On Windows
- Wingspan 49.0ft (14.9m)
- Length 32.0ft (9.8m)
- Height 13.1ft (4.0m)
- Empty Weight 4,054lbs (1,839kg)
- Loaded Weight 5,203lbs (2,360kg)
- Horse Power/Weight Ratio 0.115
- Wing Loading 1.3lbs/ft2 (6.2kg/m2)
- Wing Area 4,089.8ft2 (380.0m2)
- Drag Points 4730
- Number of Parts 840
- Control Surfaces 4