B-25 Mitchell - Bomb them, shoot them, cannon them - kill them all!
Eleven 50 caliber machine guns, 30 bombs and a 75mm cannon!
Note this bomber uses manual propeller pitch (no overspeed).
- AG1 to start engines.
- Throttle for propeller pitch - best set to full/100%.
- VTOL down for flaps.
- AG8 to deactivate flaps (needed).
- Use VTOL and Trim for turret (camera 2), rear gun (camera 3) and side guns (camera 5 - you need to manually swing around for the other side).
- AG2 to open bomb bay - use in game air to ground weapon system. Bombs firing delay set for carpet bombing (30 bombs).
- Bomb sights (camera 4). Bombing:
1,000ft, line up target, start dropping bombs (hold firing button down) from first indicator to the second as you fly over the target.
2,000ft, between second and third indicator. Etc.
- AG3 to activate cannon - also use in game weapon system. Use gun sights from pilots view and tracers to aim, then fire! (This uses Boom50s which devastates all targets).
- AG4 to activate side guns.
- If TRIM is needed then use flaps, AG8 and VTOL +/-.
- She can take off from a carrier. Turn engines on, wait for them to reach maximum speed, then quickly throttle up (prop pitch).
- If you only release half the bombs you may get a slight auto-roll.
- Set up a dogfight with a WWII fighter and the try and take them out with the guns!
- With a frontal assault using all 7 forward facing 50 cals,, you can sink US Tiny in one sustained strafe (it needs to be quite a long duration).
- Created On Mac
- Wingspan 75.3ft (23.0m)
- Length 59.2ft (18.1m)
- Height 17.0ft (5.2m)
- Empty Weight 26,630lbs (12,079kg)
- Loaded Weight 31,176lbs (14,141kg)
- Horse Power/Weight Ratio 0.256
- Wing Loading 12.6lbs/ft2 (61.4kg/m2)
- Wing Area 2,480.2ft2 (230.4m2)
- Drag Points 19678
- Number of Parts 1151
- Control Surfaces 8