Profile image

New XML properties

Dev WNP78  3.4 years ago

READ THIS vvv

Note: for a more complete guide to all xml options (along with descriptions for them all), look here. This post is kept up for archive purposes - if you want XML help, going to the mentioned link will be far more useful and comprehensive.

READ THIS ^^^

As of 1.7, there are some new XML properties. The ones I've found are:

Missile:

lockTime
maxRange
minRange
maxTargetingAngle
maxSpeed
maxFuelTime
maxForwardThrustForce
maxHeadingAngleAdjustmentRate
maxVelocityAngleAdjustmentRate
proximityDetonationRangeMin
proximityDetonationRangeMax
function

Gun:

ammoCount
burstCount
timeBetweenBursts
muzzleVelocity
roundsPerSecond
tracerColor
spread
lifetime
damage
impactForce
bulletScale
muzzleFlash
activationGroup

Rocket:

activationGroup
finMode
selfDestructTimer
burnTimer

All Weapons:

firingDelay

Parts:

health

Not all of these are new, but a lot are.
function on missiles can be either AirToAir or AirToSurface

• Profile image

@Axartar cool thanks

8 days ago
  • Profile image

@Axartar it does work maybe i just put the wrong typing

8 days ago
  • Profile image
    17.2k Axartar

Oh and you can’t set lock time to zero sometimes er it to 0.001 or something small@MrShenanigans

8 days ago
  • Profile image
    17.2k Axartar

I think it’s max speed and maxVelocityAngleAdjustmentRate @MrShenanigans

8 days ago
  • Profile image

How do you make a missile more maneuverable?

8 days ago
  • Profile image

Oh uh lock time dont work dont know why

one month ago
  • Profile image

Man this is an awesome information now i know mostly what to do with XML

one month ago
  • Profile image
    135 Grimy

@rexzion it will already be there

2 months ago
  • Profile image
    135 Grimy

@rexzion yes it is in the explosion I think it is or explosion scalar just use xml on a missile or bomb

2 months ago
  • Profile image
    18.1k rexzion

how do explosions work? do they have a damage radius that get weaker? does it have a "kill zone" where any part or plane caught in it will explode?

2 months ago
  • Profile image
    0 nooo

why is flamingo on the pic

2 months ago
  • Profile image
    36.0k Tsuchiisan

@AceOfSpade eh, bummer

3 months ago
  • Profile image
    5,606 AceOfSpade

Not Anymore. I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds. And perfect things in this case.
    @Kaiteniisan

3 months ago
  • Profile image
    36.0k Tsuchiisan

now its 100, perfect.

3 months ago
  • Profile image
    18.4k NexusGaming

@WNP78 solutions:
    2. We can assume that there may only be 7 tubes but there can be more than 1 rocket per tube in theory, although such a system would be rather complex
    Also for 2 we can already set ammo for flares and cannons and the flares only appear to have 16 flares on them but you can set them to 999 if you felt like it.
    3 / 4: I understand that such a value is illogical beyond even Simpleplanes logic but I think it would be useful for players to be able to either have an infinite fuel cheatcode (cough cough, the FSU cheatcode and the cheats in Simplerockets 2) or the ability to have truly infinite fuel for things that consume fuel like a true beast (like a huge plane with like 1000 BFE150s, for example, i know that would crash most people's games but after all gaming computers would be able to handle it)

+1 3 months ago
  • Profile image
    Dev WNP78

@NexusGaming

1. this is an inherent property of the XML and specifically floating point numbers that it is represented by - overload only allows you to edit these values
    2. Ammo tag for rocket pods wouldn't make sense, it's for cannons. There are 7 rockets in a pod, and they are physically there, you would have to create a new rocket pod model etc to change the ammo count (make custom pod with the rocket parts)

for 3 & 4: the whole point of overload is that you can change the values in the XML outside of how they were designed to be changed in the designer. As such, you can break things by giving things unreasonable values like Inifinity or NaN.

3 months ago
  • Profile image
    18.4k NexusGaming

@WNP78 some xml glitches i found:
    Overload has a precision bug where things will end up being scaled to "0.999,0.998,0.999" or zomething like that and similar things happen with rotation or position and it's annoying

Ammo tag for rocket pods does not work
    Ammo tag for flares and cannons is limited so you can't have infinite flares or ammo
    Fuel tanks crash the game if the fuel is set to infinity or NaN

3 months ago
  • Profile image
    Dev WNP78

@MangoBuilds you can find the description on the guide I linked at the top, it says:

Time in seconds, after which the missile will self-destruct (timer starts when rocket fired).

+1 6 months ago
  • Profile image

What does the selfDestructTimer do? How does it work..

+3 6 months ago
  • Profile image
    17.2k Axartar

@Werboithescientist You can't change missile damage. the damage variable only affects Guns. although, explosion size scales with missile size I think

+1 6 months ago
  • Profile image

How do you make missiles inflict more damage? Is it the speed or size? How???

6 months ago
  • Profile image
    17.9k SyntheticL

name

7 months ago
  • Profile image
    1,371 refdnv1

@Axartar ok

7 months ago
  • Profile image
    1,371 refdnv1

@Axartar ok

+1 7 months ago
  • Profile image
    17.2k Axartar

@refdnv1 double check capital letters, maybe try FireWeapons. it'll give an output of one when weapons are used, NOT guns, guns have a different input which is FireGuns, good luck with your project

7 months ago