Profile image

Where do you stand?

Dev AndrewGarrison  one month ago

With regard to some of the drama around here lately, I'd like to take a minute to talk about areas, lines, and the color gray. There will be times where players feel the moderators are not acting consistently. They may even be right. In some cases, the moderators may not be aware of an issue because nobody reported it. Moderation is not an exact science and there are bound to be times when they may not be 100% consistent with players who often find themselves in the gray area. Look at this high-quality diagram.

There are three conceptual places you can be standing in regards to your behavior in the community. The majority of the players are in the green area and never run into issues with the moderators or other players. Then there are the players who have clearly stepped over the red line and are promptly banned. Then there are players that are in the gray area. They often find themselves in drama with other players or arguing with moderators. Some of them might get banned while some of them might not. They always have their hands up in a questioning manner after being banned and say something like "What did I do!?" It might be hard to even pinpoint exactly when they crossed the line, but they just spent too much time in the gray area and the moderators got tired of dealing with the problems they were creating. Instead of arguing with moderators, these players should step out of the gray area and into the green area and stop trying to find out exactly where the line is. Often when they go searching for the red line, they will find it.

Moderation is tough. I did the majority of the moderation back when we first started the website and it drained my soul. I am very thankful for the moderators and what they do for all of us around here. For their sanity and mine, we are updating the rules of the website to include an extra rule that states that if you are harassing a moderator on a 3rd party site because of their actions as a moderator on SimplePlanes.com or SimpleRockets.com, then the moderator can take action against your Jundroo account in the form of a strike or ban. I will also be updating the site soon so that players who have received a strike will be very aware of that fact and will also be able to work towards removing the strike with good behavior over a period of time. Hopefully, we can work towards a community where we have fewer players standing in the red area with their hands up.

• Profile image
    16.2k RandomUser09

@TriStar @Brencool35 it's an avenger leavel threat anyone can get snapped out of existence.

15 days ago
  • Profile image
    4,204 ZWLenning

me: comes out of hibernation
    Also me: "what the hell happened here"

please someone fill me in

+1 18 days ago
  • Profile image
    16.2k RandomUser09

Whenever I see this forum I feel like I am in the avengers end game.

+2 24 days ago
  • Profile image
    101k Kennneth

:/

29 days ago
  • Profile image

Grey

one month ago
  • Profile image

I stand in the green because no one downloads my planes lmao

+8 one month ago
  • Profile image
    570 Sekba

I'll chill with my body pillow from now on

+1 one month ago
  • Profile image

I just back to simpleplanes after 6 months offline. Then checked the forum. Damn, what happened here ?

+3 one month ago
  • Profile image

Good @Sweppingkid29withsp

+1 one month ago
  • Profile image
    661 Mic56qp

@MonsterAvgeek so when you joined when it was bad

+1 one month ago
  • Profile image
    35.5k KnightOfRen

@MonsterAvgeek
    :yes:

+1 one month ago
  • Profile image

SimplePlanes when I joined
    📈
    SimplePlanes when I left
    📉

+3 one month ago
  • Profile image

So we gotta be politically correct? I’ll try but no promises!!! Lol

+1 one month ago
  • Profile image
    9,545 Brencool35

@TriStar Really? huh. I guess I'm not very absorbed in the Simpleplanes community, because I thought there wasnt much else to do besides make pretty planes!

+3 one month ago
  • Profile image

“ I don't really understand what there is to get mad about on here”
    Well there’s a lot that some people are mad about related to SP

1. Upvotes - some people treat upvotes as currency and when a bad plane gets 300 upvotes they complain
    2. Discord - some people I’m friends with don’t like SPBC the largest discord server on SP
    3. Moderators + Rules - Some people like to complain about the moderators + the rules, especially Blue0bull, this has something to do with the last reason about Discord

@Brencool35

+3 one month ago
  • Profile image
    9,545 Brencool35

Why can't we just upload planes and have fun? I mean does it really seem that hard to just be nice to others? Generally I have had good experiences with people here :) Most are very nice, I don't really understand what there is to get mad about on here, besides someone circumventing the successor system or something.

+7 one month ago
  • Profile image
    16.2k RandomUser09

@KnightOfRen @asteroidbook345 @Sauce lol

+1 one month ago
  • Profile image

@Sauce No, a fair bit has, it's just a different type of drama than constant "sp is dying" and goodbye posts.

+1 one month ago
  • Profile image
    35.5k KnightOfRen

@Sauce
    Oh god man, you're alive! its great to see you! I enjoy your builds, seeing you back from "hibernation" is great! Welcome back to SP!

+1 one month ago
  • Profile image
    46.0k Sauce

I just wanted to check on the website after 3 years...
    Nothing has changed 🥺

+8 one month ago
  • Profile image
    865 Person05

Papa Andrew has spoken

+1 one month ago
  • Profile image
    5,543 WilboorSut
    +1 one month ago
  • Profile image
    16.2k RandomUser09

@SupremeDorian when a lot of SP players from the red zone form an army its known as red army. Lol

+1 one month ago
  • Profile image

Stand in the place where you live...

https://youtu.be/AKKqLl_ZEEY

one month ago
  • Profile image
    35.5k KnightOfRen

@SupremeDorian
    Alright

+1 one month ago