Inspired by the MiG-25 "Foxbat." Also my first well-made design with effective custom control surfaces. Been sitting on it for a while, tweaking it and procrastinating. Enjoy having a rival for your Tomcats.
Credits to Mikoyanster for the main gear struts.
The Foxbat-F is a 1970s-designed interceptor, built to combat the threat of high-speed bombers and cruise missiles, and as such carries advanced weapons in addition to a high-spec powerplant. Despite its age, recent avionics and weapons upgrades have cemented the aircraft as a nightmare of all who face it.
The initial ramjet turbines can carry the plane at low altitude and can reach transonic speeds at high altitude, while the main powerplant can attain speeds of up to 2000 mph at 50,000 feet. This, however, comes at a cost: in its usual combat setup, the aircraft's endurance is limited, generally to a few hundred miles.
The aircraft was designed to fight at supersonic speeds, therefore the control surfaces- ailerons especially- are less effective at low subsonic speeds. However, they can effectively control the aircraft down to its stall speed. Optimal speed is >800mph for rolls.
In 2004, the Foxbat-F received a major overhaul of its weapons systems, receiving the following:
4 × K-35 'Archer' AMRAAMs. Effective range >10mi, capable of Mach 2.5+. Minimum range 2 mi.
2 × K-12 'Atoll-C' SRAAMs. Effective range 6mi. Capable of Mach 2. Minimum range 0.75 mi.
1× Gsh-6-30M Rotary cannon in left wing.
AG1+VTOL Dn for flaps
- AG2+VTOL Dn for Airbrakes
- AG7 for high-speed powerplant/afterburners
AG8 to deactivate elevator trim mechanisms
Top Speed: 2000+mph at 45,000 feet
- Climb Rate: 100,000+ feet per minute (fully afterburning, vertical climb)
- Range: >1000mi typical mission
- Vsafe: 180mph, nose will begin to drop at full trim at around 195mph.
- Landing speed: 190-250mph safe range (WARNING: do note make nose-heavy landings, nose leg will fail and cause catastrophic damage).
- Takeoff speed: Approximately 290mph.
- Created On Android
- Wingspan 41.3ft (12.6m)
- Length 53.7ft (16.4m)
- Height 16.8ft (5.1m)
- Empty Weight 12,556lbs (5,695kg)
- Loaded Weight 22,053lbs (10,003kg)
- Power/Weight Ratio 4.076
- Wing Loading 24.8lbs/ft2 (121.0kg/m2)
- Wing Area 889.7ft2 (82.7m2)
- Drag Points 8020
- Number of Parts 214
- Control Surfaces 0