Introducing: The DTj-20
A medium to long haul airliner with an unrivalled single-deck capacity. After 4 months in development, hopefully it would've been worth the wait.
I have recently achieved silver! Thank you to everyone for your feedback and support! Hope you've been enjoying my little builds, and, after 4 months in development, hope you enjoy my proudest and most realistic airliner so far. :)
Note that these stats are based on the aircraft as it was being tested. The published version's fuel tanks are not filled to the brim and there is much less payload on board for a more fun and enjoyable flying experience
- Maximum fuel load: 46,000 gallons
- Maximum takeoff weight: 765,000 lbs
- Cruising altitude (both engines operative): 40,000 ft
- Maximum landing weight is more than the maximum takeoff weight, thus no fuel dumping system is available.
- The main landing gear can be steered to help deal with the aircraft's sheer length.
- The main gear will not retract/extend if the doors are not opened. The nose gear, however, doesn't care.
- VTOL Down: Flaps
- Trim: elevator (pitch) trim
- All other controls are standard.
- Flaps: ~25%
- AG 1: Disabled
- Rotate at 120 mph with the build's current weight
- After takeoff, enable AG 2 before retracting the gear, then disable it after it has retracted.
- Flaps: Up
- Thrust: Varies depending on altitude, and as required.
- AG 1 & 2: Disabled
- Enable AG 2 to extend the gear, then disable it again.
- Flaps: Full down
- AG 1: Disabled while in the air.
- Thrust: Idle as you slow down, increase very slowly below 140 mph to maintain that speed as the final approach speed. Should require no more than ~12% to maintain that speed.
- Touch down at 130 mph for the smoothest landing.
- AG 1: Toggle landing gear steering lock
- AG 2: Main gear doors. Gear will not retract or extend unless the doors are open.
- AG 3: Reverse thrust. Hold the brake to use. Release the brake and disable AG 3 to deactivate. Can be used to simulate pushback by disabling the group without releasing the brake first.
- AG 4: Unassigned.
- AG 5: Landing and taxi lights.
- AG 6: Navigation lights.
- AG 7: Strobe lights.
- AG 8: Anti-collision beacon.
Enjoy, and thank you all for getting me to silver!
- Created On Windows
- Wingspan 198.5ft (60.5m)
- Length 314.2ft (95.8m)
- Height 72.6ft (22.1m)
- Empty Weight 234,676lbs (106,447kg)
- Loaded Weight 343,305lbs (155,721kg)
- Power/Weight Ratio 0.49
- Wing Loading 43.5lbs/ft2 (212.5kg/m2)
- Wing Area 7,889.5ft2 (733.0m2)
- Drag Points 74838
- Number of Parts 578
- Control Surfaces 9