Here I present you with a challenge to build the world's BEST endurance race car you can come up with, inside the rules spectrum. Your vehicle will be tested against the one provided by me. Deadline is July 31st.
1) Follow the regulations provided by the FIA for a LeMans LMP1 Endurance Prototype (I'll be a bit flexible, but not that much).
2) No more than 800 parts (5 parts tolerance).
3) No less than 200 parts (5 parts tolerance).
4) Must be a successor to the post (specific cases may be considered).
5) Must be feasible and realistic.
6) Must have a good description (describe controls, history of development, etc...)
7) Scale it according to my vehicle (not obligatory, just recommended)
Description - 15 points
Realism - 20 points
Consistency - 20 points
Speed - 15 points
Endurance - 25 points
Deadline compliance - 5 points
How I'll be rating:
I'll be first adressing your vehicle's realism, be it in looks or in performance. I'll then test it's straight line speed in Yaeger Airport. Next up, I'll lap it against my own vehicle and test it's speed on track, it's endurance and it's consistency of lap times. The lapping will occur in multiple conditions, including dawn, noon, dusk and midnight, cloudy, hazy and clear, windy, breezy and stale. I will then host a multiplayer race (server 22.214.171.124) with 24 cars and a pace vehicle (around Gold Prix Raceway). The pace car position is for LotterCrafts, because he requested it personally, and he'll post it a a successor (not for grading, just for convenience). The cars will all lap around the pace car for one lap, then they'll race until their fuel tank is empty. After that, they shall retreat to their pit stop (below the bridge at Gold Prix, next to the main track) and await for the rest of the vehicles to either finish or blow up.
Using my vehicle:
Use it for testing purposes only. Do NOT use it for your build. Operate it with the regular pitch and roll controls, A1 for daytime running lights, A2 for the mid beam and A3 for the high beam. The vehicle features power creep so don't think that you're lagging if it rolls away without the brakes. It also features progressive steering so you'll corner the best at speed.
About active features:
Active aerodynamics aren't allowed, but features like launch systems, power creep, air brakes, progressive steering, active diffusers, downforce generators, active anti-roll bars, anti-slip differentials and body tilt are allowed. You can also use an energy regeneration system of sorts.
- Successors 5 airplane(s) +147 bonus
- Created On Windows
- Wingspan 6.5ft (2.0m)
- Length 14.1ft (4.3m)
- Height 3.6ft (1.1m)
- Empty Weight 3,946lbs (1,789kg)
- Loaded Weight 5,025lbs (2,279kg)
- Power/Weight Ratio 2.012
- Wing Loading 332.0lbs/ft2 (1,621.0kg/m2)
- Wing Area 15.1ft2 (1.4m2)
- Drag Points 2346
- Number of Parts 208
- Control Surfaces 0