My first challenge accepted.
So first of all, this build represents an engine that can be switched on, it has a starter period before it can be used and it can be switched off with no retun to be switched on. That is because it needs a cartridge starter like some vintage aircrafts to start their engines.
For that it has four Funky Trees expressions, each one have their own objective but together they also complete the cycle of its full working process.
1 - Objective-oriented creation:
All four FT expression are activated by the "Activation 1".
Engine Cartrige starter represented by a small time life dark smoke;
Dummy engine running without adding directional force to the build;
The engine that actually adds directional force after a percentage of thrust (throttle input);
Engine switch off with no return to be switched on again (it will need another cartridge starter, for that it need the restart option).
2 - Generalizability
This build is made to add more steps to engines functionability. The expressions used can be very helpful to create more immertive reality to the SP environment.
1 - Most of the propeller engine create a lot of smoke when their engine starts and with time that smoke dissipates. Some early jet engines aswell.
2 - The use of a dummy engine turned on without moving your build is something that hardly can happen in SP as force immediatly starts acting as throttle value is > 0;
3 - Adding force after a certain value of throttle is exacly the job of this expression and it is synchronized with the dummy engine throttle value;
4 - Switch off the engine may be optional for some players, just in case you wish the point of no return. Restart ingame will bring back the switch on option.
3 - Simplicity / Weight
4 - Functionality / Originality
5 - Presentation
1. - Engine Start Smoke - Engine Part
sum(Activate1)<15 ? Activate1 : 0
- Activation number 1 with start a timer which also starts the smoke engine starter. If the timer is larger then 15 seconds, the smoke engine returns to the value of zero.
2. - Dummy Engine - Engine Part
Throttle=0 | sum(Activate1)<15 ? clamp(Activate1, 0.25, 0.25) : clamp(Throttle,0.25,1.75)
*- Engine actions by player are only possible after the 15'' remaining at 0.25 of input regardeless the throttle input value. After that, the input is clamped from a min. of 0.25 to a max. of 1.75.
3. Thrust Engine - Engine Part
sum(Activate1)>15 ? Throttle : 0
- Like the dummy engine, after 15'', the thrust become possible with the Throttle input.
4. Switching off engine - Detacher part
Activate1=0 & Fuel<1 ? clamp(Activate1, 1, 1) : 0
- Switching off becomes only possible If Fuel<1 AND Input=0 (reason why the detacher won't drop the fuel tank when the game starts). Detacher will have a delay of 5'' and then with drop the fuel tank so turning on both engines cannot be possible.
I hope that somehow those FT can be useful for use for the SP population builds. If there is a way to simplify these functions, i'll be happy to know them :) Enjoy!
PS: For some reason the fuel tank will not detach in android ver., so this is 100% operational in pc only.
- Predecessor Funky Trees Challenge
- Created On Windows
- Wingspan 7.0ft (2.1m)
- Length 22.6ft (6.9m)
- Height 11.3ft (3.4m)
- Empty Weight 343,379lbs (155,754kg)
- Loaded Weight 356,672lbs (161,784kg)
- Power/Weight Ratio 0.229
- Wing Loading -439,839.3lbs/ft2 (-2,147,483.6kg/m2)
- Wing Area 0.0ft2 (0.0m2)
- Drag Points 3632
- Number of Parts 23
- Control Surfaces 0