“Make the dream devour your life, so that life does not devour your dream."
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince
“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars."
- Norman Vincent Peale, The Power of Positive Thinking
“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."
- George Santayana, The Life of Reason
“Ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country."
- John F. Kennedy, Inaugural address, Jan. 20, 1961
“The best laid schemes of mice and men
Often go awry."
- Robert Burns, To a Mouse
Facts about me :
Personal milestones :
- 268th Master user of the site. Currently 201st best user (on 04/04/22) in terms of points.
- Owner of the SimplePlanes' French-speaking community Discord server
- Proud first ever SimplePlanes user who found his real life house in the game (thanks to NumbersNumbersTheMan and his GIS maps) (second one is @SilverStar)
- Only user to make missiles with functional fins (well maybe not anymore since that madlad made a fully detailed AIM-9X)
- Inventor of the "overheating" missiles with the help of @MethaManAerospace
- Inventor of the first working aircraft carrier sling
- Only user in SP to make replicas by taking measurements with a tape measure, a caliper and a bathroom scale
- Discovered how to replace the ugly and useless default "new airplane"
- Completed all the Steam achievements
- Former admin on The SimplePlanes Mafia Discord server
(before they turned out to be assholes)
- Former Moderator and co-owner of the SP Gunsmith Community Discord server
(Before WiiMini and Default deleted it)
- Former Moderator on the Researcher's Workdesk Discord server
Random facts :
- Perfectionist and real maniac about the subjects I'm into (particularly the French equipment from the late 30s to the 80s), now you're warned (so, don't be surprised if I make a complete review of your Vautours or Mirages)
- Hates drama. Please don't make a new GC or another stupid build aiming for upvotes, that's useless and will only cause a new civil war on this website and nobody wants that
- Hates French bashing.
- Hates "le baguette hon hon du fromage" clichés
- Absolutely hates "French surrender" memes.
(None of those are funny anymore and that's a fact)
My account's history :
Account creation : 9/11/2017 ~4-5pm UTC+2
Bought the game for PC : 9/19/2017
Bought the game for Android : Oct. 10th, 2017
Achieved Gold : Feb. 14th, 2019 ~2:30PM
Achieved 10k : May 9th, 2020
Achieved 15k : Nov. 15th, 2020 ~7:20 PM
Achieved 20k : Feb. 16th, 2021 ~11:35 AM
Achieved 25,000 : Mar. 8th, 2021 ~10:00 AM
Achieved MASTER : Mar. 8th, 2021 12PM
Non personally identifiable information :
I have a twin brother who also plays SP (but only rarely), @Koengerays.
I live in Lyon, France.
(The red Dot on the map)
My friends IRL who play SP :
My non-IRL SP friends :
- Pretty much all the other members of my Discord (among them, who I'm on first-name terms with ) :
- @MisterT, one of the best french builders out here
- @ollielebananiaCFSP, the other best french builders out here
- @Gontar, amazing belgian car guy
- @GlargiBoo, belgian too, a bit too much fan of German tanks but eh
- @SilverStar, a fellow avgeek from Lyon
- @Mouette, awesome guy, gifted in Stormworks and SP
@colonelkiller, a bit shy but good WT and H&G player too
@BogdanX, the God of SP himself.
- EternalDarkness (well in fact Idk if I'm his friend tho, he's the darkness after all)
- ChiChiWerx (not sure we're officially friends, but he's an awesome and wise guy, helped me pass reservists' bootcamp)
I am also the proud co-founder and current President of the C.F.S.P. (Community of the French speakers of SimplePlanes)
Upcoming projects :
Currently in progress :
- A. M. Dassault Super-Mystère B.2
- SNCASE S.E. 535 "Mistral"
- SNCASO S.O. 4050 "Vautour" IIN
Planned projects :
- N.A.A. T-28A/B "Fennec"
In the future, maybe :
- F8F-1B "Bearcat"
- SNCASO S.O. 4060 "Super Vautour"
- Piasecki/Vertol H-21C "Workhorse"
- Douglas AD-4NA & A-1H "Skyraider"
Paused projects :
- SNCASO S.O. 1221 "Djinn"
- SNCASO "Déver"
Shelved projects :
- Max Holste 1521 'Broussard' (with 1 passenger and a flare gun)
- Caudron C460 "Rafale"
- Douglas XB-42 "Mixmaster", second prototype
Finally, some touching words from a Ukrainian friend (24/02/2022)