So… I hear you guys liked the AS-AC-10…
would be a shame if someone was to publicly humiliate USS Beast again…
I made this a little while back and kept meaning to upload it. Basically, I went through a phase of making really big things, which is most definitely nothing to do with any insecurities I have with USS Beast being big.
Anyway, this is the AS-S-8 submarine. The UAC created this model in the event of a nuclear war with the idea of having a very large submersible capable of carrying large amounts of equipment, refugees and even vehicles including aircraft for long durations of time at sea.
When fully loaded, the AS-S-8 can carry 20 ICBMs and 2 squadrons of aircraft to help defend it when at the surface. Unfortunately, the ICBMs didn’t make it onto the sub as they keep getting misplaced every time the sub goes underwater.
Speaking of underwater, the sub can reach depths in excess of 1000ft, though this isn’t sustainable at fast speeds. Like the AS-AC-10, the AS-S-8 should be friendly towards most devices including some higher end mobile ones and nobody seems to suffer lag with it being on multiplayer out of the many times I’ve used it there.
AS-S-8 in multiplayer
- VTOL Up – Sink… kitchen sink
- Throttle – What it says on the tin
- Brake – Reverse thrust
- VTOL Down + Activator 1 – Fast travel
- Trim – Do a wheelie (great for beaching yourself to surprise people)
- Successors 4 airplane(s)
- Created On Windows
- Wingspan 2014.6ft (614.1m)
- Length 5514.4ft (1680.8m)
- Height 877.1ft (267.3m)
- Empty Weight 21,498lbs (9,751kg)
- Loaded Weight 80,708lbs (36,608kg)
- Power/Weight Ratio 1.67
- Wing Loading 86.1lbs/ft2 (420.5kg/m2)
- Wing Area 937.2ft2 (87.1m2)
- Drag Points 13740
- Number of Parts 447
- Control Surfaces 0