2S38 ZAK-57 Derivatsiya-PVO
Self-propelled air defense vehicle based on BMP-3 chassis fitted with a 57 mm autocannon and passive reconnaissance and target tracking equipment.
It is designed to shoot down unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), cruise missiles, air-to-surface missiles, aircraft, helicopters, and MLRS rockets.
2S38 is equipped with a TV/thermal-imaging system with automatic target lock-on and tracking capabilities, a laser rangefinder and a laser guidance system. The optical and electronic target acquisition system can spot an aircraft at 6.4 km (4.0 mi) and using sectoral observation can detect aircraft over 12 km (7.5 mi) out. The cannon is fast enough to destroy targets traveling 500 m/s (1,100 mph; 1,800 km/h; Mach 1.5). Laser-guided, air burst and specialized anti-drone munitions for ZAK-57 are in development. Its guided projectiles have four wings folded in the casing and controlled by the actuator in the projectile’s nose section, using the energy of the airflow to steer themselves to the target. - Wikipedia
- Pitch / Roll : Gun Elevation / Traverse (mouse aim)
- AG1 : Unlock turret and activate gun stabilizer / Align and lock turret to forward
- Countermeasures : Smokescreen
- Yaw / Trim : Steer / Accelerator
- Brake : Brake, use it!
- AG2 : Parking brake (for non-slip on slope, don't use while moving)
- AG3 : Amphibious mode
- AG4 : Lights
- Cam1 : Driver view
57mm ZAK-57 Autocannon
- 120rpm, 1000m/s
- 12 x Guardian : Laser-guided rounds with Proximity fuse
- 40 x Interceptor : Common rounds with Proximity fuse
PKMT 7.62mm Coaxial MG
Features and Tips
Blueprint match hull design based on BMP-3
- Couldn't find any blueprint for turret.
- Muzzle flash, Recoil, 2 axis stabilized.
- Self alignment turret lock mechanism.
- Wasted 156 parts just for an ammo. WE NEED CANNON PARTS.
- Engine exhaust smoke and dust effect.
- Wave breaking and waterjet foam effect for amphibious mode.
- In RL, BMP-3 with improved armor doesn't float on water, but I made it for fun.
- Guided rounds(guardian) needs laser guidance, You must keep lock-on target until hit. And it's not a magic missile, its maneuverability isn't good, needs proper lead aim.
- Common rounds(interceptor) just flies in an arc, you must aim little higher for long ranged target.
- Also you can use WNP78's Advanced Targeting MOD for lead aim the main gun, just in default bullet velocity settings.
- It doesn't neutral steer, can only pivot steer. because the real BMP-3 does.
- Use brake properly for quick turning at high speed.
- Assigned throttle to trim, to give a feeling similar to manipulating gear stick. And it also has 'reset' function by default with Numpad 4 key, makes more easier control.
Used Maps for screenshot
Special thanks to SPMC members
Winner of Air Defence Challenge
- Power/Weight Ratio 0.665
- Wing Loading 209.1lbs/ft2 (1,020.9kg/m2)
- Wing Area 193.8ft2 (18.0m2)
- Drag Points 7970
- Number of Parts 799
- Control Surfaces 0