digital painting tool -miracle-
A 64x64 digital canvas using variables. It uses the cursor for controls, so you can use a mouse, drawing tablet, or any other pointing device.
- The aircraft is 3.6 MB in size. It will take a long time to load into the designer or simulation (30-40 seconds first load for me, subsequent loads are often longer)
- Due to the iterative ternary operator method used to select each color, darker colors have a greater performance cost than lighter colors. The framerate will decrease as you draw.
- jundroobles gib arrays and hexadecimal text output pls
- There are eight levels for each RGB component, roughly corresponding to a curve of power 1.8.
- Even though all the display labels use 100% emission, they are slightly affected by local lighting conditions.
- I originally tried a 100x100 canvas but it was too slow for me to use.
- Depends on Mouse as Joystick so it's probably the most mobile unfriendly post to ever exist
PREPARATION BEFORE USE:
- Read through all the instructions and have them ready. A shorter version of the instructions is available in the Craft Instructions.
- If SimplePlanes is running, close the game.
- Navigate to the SimplePlanes folder and open Settings.xml. Change
- Save Settings.xml.
- Reload the game.
Note: If you edit Settings.xml when the game is running, your changes will not be reflected, and may be reset when the game is closed.
Note: It will not work with a deadzone of 0.05 (the smallest you can set in game)! It must be zero!
CALIBRATION BEFORE PAINTING:
- Turn on Mouse as Joystick.
- Move the cursor to the middle of the top-left pixel and hit the Yaw Left key.
- Move the cursor to the middle of the bottom-right pixel and hit the Yaw Right key.
Note: If performed correctly, the "Uncalibrated" message on the bottom right will disappear, and the arrows on the sides of the canvas will follow your cursor.
Note: If the camera zoom or position is changed after calibration, you will need to recalibrate the controls.
- Use FireGuns to paint using the active color.
- Click on the "-" and "+" buttons to change the brush size and active color.
- Click on the Flip button to get a mirrored perspective, which is very useful for drawing.
STANDBY COLOR PALETTE:
- Click on the squares above each saved color to select or deselect each slot.
- Click on the ST (store) button to save the active color to all selected slots.
- Click on the LD (load) button to load the color from the leftmost selected slot.
Extremely fun stats:
- 4,135 total variables (4,096 pixel variables, 16 for buttons, 23 for functionality)
- 3,631 KB total size (3,033 KB for canvas label, 555 KB for pixel variables, 43 KB everything else)
- 512 colors (9-bit regular RGB palette)
- Predecessor paint_pre
- Created On Windows
- Wingspan 9.8ft (3.0m)
- Length 8.4ft (2.5m)
- Height 6.6ft (2.0m)
- Empty Weight 2,772lbs (1,257kg)
- Loaded Weight 2,772lbs (1,257kg)
- Wing Loading N/A
- Wing Area 0.0ft2 (0.0m2)
- Drag Points 5832
- Number of Parts 45
- Control Surfaces 0
- Performance Cost 497