———————First and foremost———————
I am in the process of ‘retrofitting’ my builds, this will hopefully sort out the auto roll and bring my other builds up to date. - REFIT PENDING UPLOAD
I wanted to make this as low parts as I could whilst still having functionality in the build.
I hope you enjoy :)
Supermarine_Spitfire_ mk.ia to go with.
Bailout (parachute opens @ 500ft AGL).
Aim guns (looks through sights + activates guns).
Lock tail wheel rotation/turning.
(Normal controls; roll = roll, etc.)
For the best take off I find 30% throttle and full flaps down the most ‘cinematic’...
Landings I do ~11-12% throttle, full flaps down and just monitor pitch up to 10 degrees.
There are two red indication lights;
Left - Min altitude for bailout...
(light on + bail = Intimate time with the tail section)
Right - Activates when below 10% fuel.
- for those interested, the code for the bailout is as follows;
(AltitudeAgl < 152.4) + Activate6
When firing the guns the cockpit will shake to simulate recoil/vibrations from the weapons.
The guns themselves also have impact forces and custom damage which I decided with the calcs bellow...
gun damage =
gun impact F =
[(weapon caliber)*(muzzle vel)] /400
- these are in no way realistic relative to the game, only a personal standard I hope to have in all my future builds.
When in the cockpit view you will react to the forces on the pilot; i.e. when pitching up your vision will lower relative to the plane.
I did this by altering the mass of the pilot and cockpit parts and connected them to the aiming and shooting pistons so the physics take care of it for me.
This means I can get the effect relative to the speed without any fancy code or mechanism other that just the physics of the game :)
I kinda wanted it to feel like it looks in the IL2 games so if possible let me know if I achieved that or not because I’ve only ever watched vids on the game :/
Tail wheel rotation allows you to do donuts in the plane (if you’re that way inclined)
- p.s. Glad people seem to like it, honestly surprised it made it to the front page :D
- SemedianIndustries 6 months ago
- AlexRol05 6 months ago
- TheBlueRobotProduct 6 months ago
- NFIGMT 6 months ago
- BusterShortWolf 6 months ago
- K2K 6 months ago
- ThomasRoderick 6 months ago
- Bearclaw189 6 months ago
- TonnkatuTonnkatuThePig 6 months ago
- AWESOMENESS360 6 months ago
- Spitfirelad05 6 months ago
- Y 6 months ago
- Aweyer26 6 months ago
- ALMIGHTYFRIDGE 6 months ago
- Planeacceleration 6 months ago
- Ergi 6 months ago
- ssenmodnar 6 months ago
- Theful1941 6 months ago
- PrinzEugen99 6 months ago
- Noname918181 6 months ago
- JaeBeansS 6 months ago
- rexzion 6 months ago
- AzureCorp 6 months ago
- STUKAWOLF87 6 months ago
- XAircraftManufacturer 6 months ago
- Suubk27 6 months ago
- AnIndonesianGuy 6 months ago
- TatsuTheCleaningFairy 6 months ago
- DarkMarble1 5 months ago
- Tookan 6 months ago
- TwoFlare 6 months ago
- MajorSix 6 months ago
- ToxicShadowXT 6 months ago
- Successors 2 airplane(s) +7 bonus
- Created On iOS
- Wingspan 34.0ft (10.3m)
- Length 29.7ft (9.1m)
- Height 11.0ft (3.3m)
- Empty Weight 3,887lbs (1,763kg)
- Loaded Weight 5,742lbs (2,604kg)
- Horse Power/Weight Ratio 0.202
- Wing Loading 11.4lbs/ft2 (55.8kg/m2)
- Wing Area 502.2ft2 (46.7m2)
- Drag Points 3179
- Number of Parts 168
- Control Surfaces 0