Create a replica of a military vehicle in service/operating in
[Vietnam War Theater 1955-1975] having exactly
(In case of more rare, less known models, also prototypes, check with me first)
- Must be a replica of a military vehicle involved in Vietnam War
(1 November 1955 – 30 April 1975) (check belligerents list on the bottom)
- Must have exactly 333 parts
- Must be a successor and an original build. If you fail to make it a successor, post it unlisted first, ask a mod to make it a successor to this
( code: mq579k ) and publish it.
- No parts mods, except Tracks mod (Editor Mods are OK)
- Description must explain: Controls and Features (so, I won't miss a mechanism or a functionality design)
- A maximum of 2 entries for each player
Builds will be evaluated based on Visuals, Construction, Functionality, Historical and Impression
Best 10 entries will qualify for the final.
- How realistic/plausible your vehicle looks. It looks like a good 3D model or like Simple Planes tutorial. (sensors, pitot tubes, ventilation. lights etc)
- Livery. I expect a full military vibe paint. Use the color metallic/smoothness properly. Watch the contrast. Be sure is plausible for the vehicle type,era,role (a blue Phantom looks cool, also used by Blue Angels in airshows, but not above Nam jungles dropping napalm)
- Decorations. I expect basic logos, flags, insignias (at least one of this) AND a registration code. Warning signs are also easy. 1-2 triangle/circles.Go as basic as possible. 101, 111,181, on the tail, visible on both sides will do the trick.
- Nudging quality, smoothness (attention... nudging a decoration too close to its base surface might result in that horrible surface fighting in sandbox)
- Parts Saving techniques
- Custom elements (airfoil, control surfaces, landing gear suspension, interior, doors, canopy details, engine nozzles, custom weapons). Is possible to make basic interior with like 20-30 parts or a custom missile with 10 parts. You just need the skill.
- Custom elements functionality. LG , suspension, custom controls, braking, collisions, weapons, cameras
- Stability. Auto Roll/Yaw , Trimming, Flaps/Slats effect on flight model, Gliding, Takeoff/Landing. Cars auto-veer, braking, steering etc
Historical : 10p
1p(why only 1p?... because players entering ripoffs don't have to follow blueprints exactly)
- Specs. Max speed and acceleration (air/runaway), maneuverability, handling
- Distinctive Features. (Ex: Presence of a extracting nose cone of Mig-21 based on speed. Roll Spoilers on F4 Phantom. )
- Description. Photos, controls, features, information about the vehicle
- Design choice. Well, I expect a lot of Migs and Phantoms. But an A-5 Vigilante is something new and quite rare on SP.
- Fun Factor. Did I enjoy testing your machine or I felt like Sully S doing an exceptional job flying a crippled aircraft.
- Valid Entry. 333 parts rule checked. Having more than 10 parts less or more disqualifies the entry
Each valid entry gets an upvote and 2 more on other posts. 3 in total.
To be edited.
Based on number of upvotes, each side will gain points that will determine the global result of this competition. The real conflict outcome was undecided (arguably), let's see who will win the SP one.
USA side will start with a handicap (based on politics) while Vietnam side will start with a bonus (based on homeland advantage).
I will present soon the algorithm (US will gain bonuses on bombers/attackers, helicopters and recon, while NAM will get bonuses on fighters, anti-air and logistics/supply vehicles)
Deadline: July 11
- Successors 7 airplane(s) +700 bonus
- Created On Windows
- Wingspan 126.3ft (38.5m)
- Length 38.3ft (11.7m)
- Height 42.6ft (13.0m)
- Empty Weight 110lbs (50kg)
- Loaded Weight 110lbs (50kg)
- Wing Loading -439,839.3lbs/ft2 (-2,147,483.6kg/m2)
- Wing Area 0.0ft2 (0.0m2)
- Drag Points 184
- Number of Parts 1
- Control Surfaces 0