"If the Luftwaffe (German Air Force) had the Browning .50-caliber, the Battle of Britain would have turned out differently".
– Hermann Göring
My first attempt at making a weapon’s replica! The M2 Machine Gun, or Browning .50 Caliber Machine Gun is a heavy machine gun. It was nicknamed "Ma Deuce" by US troops or simply called "fifty-cal." due to its caliber.
The Browning .50 caliber machine gun has been used as a vehicle weapon and for aircraft by the United States from the 1920s to the present day. It was used during World War II, the Korean War, the Vietnam War, as well as during operations in Iraq in the 1990s and 2000s. It is the primary heavy machine gun of NATO countries, and has been used by many other countries. It is still in use today, with only a few modern improvements. Right now, it is the longest serving machine gun in the US military.
I actually made the M2HB variant with some realistic features.
- Realistic Model with Barrel Recoil (sorry for the speed but piston speed is limited to 1)
- Realistic Belt-Feeding mechanism
- Tripod with Realistic Traverse And Elevation mechanism
- Butterfly Trigger that presses when you fire
- Manual Retracting Slide
- Receiver Lid that can be opened
- Fully Realistic Front Sight with extendable Rear Sight
If you ask why I didn’t make it 1:1 scale, take a look at this below
- FireGuns to Fire.
- Pitch and Roll for Elevation and Traverse.
- AG1 to Open Receiver lid.
- AG2 to Extend Rear Sight.
- AG3 to Retract Slide Backwards. Deactivate to Reset it’s position.
- Camera 1 to look down the ironsights.
If you want to use this on your build, get the podless versions below
EternalDarkness for Turret FunkyTrees
WNP78 for Belt Rotation FunkyTrees
DarthAbhinav for Emotional support and Testing (XD!)
(I really suck at FunkyTrees, sighs...)
- Successors 5 airplane(s) +49 bonus
- Created On Windows
- Wingspan 12.7ft (3.9m)
- Length 31.9ft (9.7m)
- Height 10.9ft (3.3m)
- Empty Weight 16,210lbs (7,352kg)
- Loaded Weight 16,210lbs (7,352kg)
- Wing Loading 16,064.1lbs/ft2 (78,431.9kg/m2)
- Wing Area 1.0ft2 (0.1m2)
- Drag Points 462
- Number of Parts 473
- Control Surfaces 0
- Performance Cost 1,295