Information about aircraft:
The Bell P-63 Kingcobra is an American fighter aircraft developed by Bell Aircraft during World War II. Based on the preceding Bell P-39 Airacobra, the P-63's design incorporated suggestions from P-39 pilots and was superior to its predecessor in virtually all respects. According to wikipedia the P-63 did not get deployed for combat usage by the United States, however, according to this document the P-63 did get deployed to the pacific theatre. The most notable feature of the P-63A is its 37mm auto cannon in the nose of the plane. The French, Soviets and British all had the P-63A in service during WW2. American pilots disliked the aircraft but funny enough, the Soviet pilots loved it! The Kingcobra turned out to be a great air racer too.
My P-63A-10 is armed with: A single 37mm M4 cannon firing through the propeller hub, two 12.7mm machine guns in the cowl, two 12.7mm machine guns in underwing gondolas and two 500 lbs AN-M64 bombs that were made by BogdanX
USE OF WEAPONRY:
M4 autocannon: Shoot cannon.
12.7mm Machine guns: Fire guns.
AN-M64: Activate AG1 or drop AN-M64 separately, this will cause autoroll.
AG-1: Drops AN-M64 bombs
AG-2: Jettisons fuel tank on the belly
TRIM: Trim for horizontal stabilizer, use this when flying with the full payload
VTOL: Controls three flap positions: combat / take-off / landing
- Custom landing gear with working suspension.
- Realistic performance (take off speed, turn rate, roll rate, top speed, etc).
- Custom landing gear doors with landing gear bays.
- Trim tab that only works with airflow.
- 95% blueprint match (landing gear doors and canopy bars are somewhat freelanced but accurately represent the Kingcobra).
- Custom wings with working control surfaces :)
- Identification lights.
- Smooth fuselage construction.
- Decals (Kingcobra on tail, identification number, USAF roundels, Japanese killmarks, etc).
- Custom weaponry.
- Asymmetric blade effect (visual effect only).
- Exhaust flame effect.
- Custom canopy shape.
I never thought building a WW2 era aircraft could be so much fun. I have always been sceptical of building WW2 aircraft because it seemed boring to me, but to be honest, it was tons of fun. The P-63 is a really cool looking plane and it was worth building. This is without doubt one of my best builds. I hope you will all get the same joy out of it as I did.
As always, enjoy your flight!
- Successors 7 airplane(s) +119 bonus
- Created On Windows
- Wingspan 40.0ft (12.2m)
- Length 32.9ft (10.0m)
- Height 12.7ft (3.9m)
- Empty Weight 6,800lbs (3,084kg)
- Loaded Weight 7,621lbs (3,456kg)
- Horse Power/Weight Ratio 0.099
- Wing Loading 26.0lbs/ft2 (126.8kg/m2)
- Wing Area 293.6ft2 (27.3m2)
- Drag Points 1861
- Number of Parts 668
- Control Surfaces 7