Short range ground-based air defence turret.
Skywarden Air Defence Turret is equipped with a 40mm Anti-Aircraft Autocannon, 2 "Shrike" Ground Support Gatling Guns and Built-in radar and sensors.
The turret is part of a weapons system consists of two 40mm autocannons with a rate of fire of 1,000 rounds per minute, a fire control system made up of a sensor unit and a detached command post that can be deployed up to 500 metres away from the sensor module. The Skywarden can also use up to two surface-to-air missile 8-cell modules for an expanded air defense capability. The Skywarden is designed for traditional anti-aircraft roles and in addition to defend against incoming missiles. The entire system can operate in all weathers, is highly resistant to electronic countermeasures. The Skywarden system can also be networked with other air defense systems for wider and more effective air coverage, expanding its roles from point defense to area defense.
The turret is also modular. Designed to be retrofitted to vehicles and other transportation.
How to use:
- AG1 to Activate elavation and traverse, Red dot sights and nightvision.
- AG2 to Arm Shrike Gatling Guns
- AG3 to Arm 40mm Autocannon
- Pitch to Elevate
- Roll to Traverse
40mm Anti-Aircraft Autocannon - Disperses 1000 40mm rounds per minute. Effective Range is 2.5 miles.
Shrike Gatling Guns - Ground support gatling guns designed to attack infantry or ground vehicles near the turret.
Targeting Sights - An accurate sight fitted with a red dot and active night vision.
Composite Armor - State of the art ballistic-resistant armor.
Built-in Radar and Sensors - For detection and guided targeting.
Travese and Elevation - 70° Gun elevation and 360° traverse.
- If you want to save this as a subassembly just grab the cockpit located between the radar and sensors.
- Note that the platform is weighted so you might want to lessen the mass when installing this.
- Turret is optimized to be mouse-aimed.
- If you are quite having trouble with aiming (like me in the gif lol) you can change the input to VTOL and TRIM. The Rotator for rotation is easily located at the platform and the rotator for elevation is inside the right side of the turret. I colored it red to be easily spotted.
- Turret maybe a bit finicky when aiming to fast.
- Sights is very accurate just aim the reticle carefully and it will guarantee you a direct hit.
- Armor does work just shoot the turret a few times and see for yourself.
- Shrike Gatling Guns cannot elevate but can rotate.
This weapon has semi-realistic specs and I based the size on the default cockpit. Actually I am not sure if it is too small or just right (for me I think it is just right). Part count is exactly 150 parts which is enough to fit to the challenge.Since I'm a low part count builder, I honestly had a hard time filling the 150 minimum part count so I just put random parts until I reach the requirement but at the end I think it looks pretty well. The turret itself is heavily inspired by the Oerlikon Skyshield by Rheinmetall Defence.
@Leehopard for the autocannon.
@ErvenDynamic for the command post seen in the screenshots.
@ColonerStriker for the tank hull seen in the screenshot.
@SnoWFLakE0s for beta testing in pc and suggestions to improve performance.
HAVE FUN AND HAVE A NICE DAY.
- Predecessor Air Defence Challenge [CLOSED]
- Created On Android
- Wingspan 7.3ft (2.2m)
- Length 14.2ft (4.3m)
- Height 6.6ft (2.0m)
- Empty Weight 144,873lbs (65,713kg)
- Loaded Weight 145,760lbs (66,115kg)
- Power/Weight Ratio 0.439
- Wing Loading 54,166.3lbs/ft2 (264,462.8kg/m2)
- Wing Area 2.7ft2 (0.3m2)
- Drag Points 2445
- Number of Parts 150
- Control Surfaces 0