Welcome to the "1st Jetfighter Generation" challenge. This time the objective is to build a first-generation, realistic jet fighter with good design, the closest thing to the characteristics of those planes.
Types of aircraft allowed
We are looking for subsonic (or slightly supersonic, see performance rules), straight-wing or arrow-wing, fictitious or replica aircraft, as long as they maintain as much realism as possible in flight and weapons. Some examples for inspiration F-86 Sabre, F-100 Super Sabre, Dassault Mystère, FMA IAe 33 Pulqui II, Supermarine Swift, Havilland Venom, F-86D Sabre ,F-9 Cougar, Hawker Hunter, MiG-15, MiG-17, F-84F Thunderstreak, Saab 32 Lansen, F3H Demon, F2H Banshee, Havilland Sea Vixen, Supermarine Scimitar, Saab 29 Tunnan
- VERY IMPORTANT! The design and behaviour of the aircraft must be realistic. Spaceships, potato planes, planes with exaggerated speeds, incredible amounts of weapons, insane maneuverability will be disqualified.
- Must be successor of this post.
- Must be a new post, no reuploads.
- Can be fictional or replica.
- Max 2 entry per person.
- XML is allowed and expected.
- Your entry must be more than 300 parts and less than 650 parts.
- The weight and drag of the details can be 0.
- The description is highly recommended and it will be specified: 1) Year of introduction, 2) Manufacturer, 3) Options, Specifications, Features.
- Infinite fuel or negative weight is not allowed.
- Instrumentation Mod is allowed
- Mechanical Instrumentation Mod is allowed
- 4 x guns whose caliber can vary from 20mm to 30mm
- The aircraft can be equipped with 2 missiles that will be provided at the following link AIM-9B and AA-2 Atoll
- Countermeasures are not allowed.
G-Force and Performance
- Maximum G-force allowed in the aircraft, 7.5Gs
- Maximum Speed, 1.000mph at 34.000feet
How to limit the G-Force of your plane
G-Force roll limited to 7.5G
G-Force pitch limited to 7.5G
It will be judged
- Realistic model -
150pt- It is evaluated if the airplane has a behavior similar to reality, maneuvers correctly, its acceleration and speed are in accordance with the model, flight stability, operation of all its systems, correct air resistance. Does it fit the challenge rules for the type of aircraft?
- Realistic weapons and behaviour -
30pt- The weapons used are those indicated in the challenge instructions. If yes, you have 30 points. If not, 30 points are subtracted.
- Details, appearance, paint -
30pt- The general appearance of the plane is valued, if it could be a real plane even if it is fictional, details, color scheme used.
- Build quality -
30pt- Is the plane construction correct? Have all the control surfaces been included to fly the plane well? There are no badly assembled parts?
- Fair play -
30pt- Are the rules of the challenge respected? Fair play gives you 30 points
This challenge is special. We will test each aircraft to confirm that it is capable of performing the following maneuvers:
Stall spin. Your aircraft is capable of stalling when the aircraft has a critical angle of attack.
The hammerhead. Can your plane do this maneuver?
Tailslide. It will be tested whether the plane can fall over its tail.
The 2 best aircraft from the western bloc (USA, Europe) and the 2 best aircraft from the eastern bloc (Russia, China) are chosen and will compete for the next prize.
- Winner :: 5 Upvote + 3 Spotlight
- 2nd place :: 5 Upvote + 2 Spotlight
- 3nd place :: 5 Upvote + 1 Spotlight
- 4nd place :: 5 Upvote
These four aircraft will be used in the multiplayer air battle to be held soon at SimplePlanes. Videos of the entire process, tests and especially the air battle with the winning planes will be recorded.
Hurry up!! what are you waiting to participate!!
Deadline 30 december 2020
Challenge organizers and evaluators
- Successors 40 airplane(s) +6351 bonus
- Created On Windows
- Wingspan 1.6ft (0.5m)
- Length 3.3ft (1.0m)
- Height 1.6ft (0.5m)
- Empty Weight 551lbs (250kg)
- Loaded Weight 551lbs (250kg)
- Wing Loading -439,839.3lbs/ft2 (-2,147,483.6kg/m2)
- Wing Area 0.0ft2 (0.0m2)
- Drag Points 127
- Number of Parts 1
- Control Surfaces 0