Please read the controls list before flying.
Overview: The D410 "Snipe" is a stealth attack helicopter. It features a faceted fuselage design, as well as a tailless dual-rotor configuration. This tailless configuration combined with the aircraft's maneuverability means that the aircraft requires a fly-by-wire input system to prevent excessive control outputs from being given, as well as keeping the aircraft on course during high-speed flight. The D410 has a weapon payload consisting of 16 Air-To-Surface missiles, 14 unguided rockets, and 2 auto-cannons.
Maximum Airspeed (TAS): 300mph, 483kph, 261knots.
Maximum Altitude: 25,000ft, 7,620m.
Takeoff Collective (Full Load): 50%.
Landing Collective (Full Load): 30%.
Cruise Collective (Full Load): 35%-50%.
- Trim: Forward Thrust.
- Throttle: Collective Pitch.
- Activate1: Toggle Engines.
- Activate2: Toggle Weapons/Weapon Bays.
- The aircraft will automatically invert collective pitch while upside-down.
- The guns/rockets are angled downwards. Therefore, use the
Targeting Viewwhile firing weapons for better accuracy.
- Banking the aircraft too steeply causes yaw control issues. Avoid exceeding ~60º bank angle.
- An AngleOfSlip limiter will activate automatically after 100mph (161kph, 87knots).
- To better simulate stealth, this command can be executed to change lock evasion probability: //Aircraft>AircraftScript.set_EvadeLockProbability (Single). This may run into issues if there are multiple aircraft loaded in-game, so manually typing and selecting the first
Aircraftthat appears in the command console might be a better option.
- The aircraft has a slight pitch-up tendency while carrying a full load. This is due to the extra weight of the Air-To-Surface missiles.
- The aircraft has a greater pitch-up tendency while flying at high speeds.
- I recommend using either Mouse or Joystick control for this aircraft.
- Giving the aircraft violent roll-oscillations can cause the aircraft to destabilize and become uncontrollable.
- Successors 1 airplane(s) +7 bonus
- Created On Windows
- Wingspan 45.1ft (13.7m)
- Length 54.1ft (16.5m)
- Height 12.9ft (3.9m)
- Empty Weight N/A
- Loaded Weight 11,615lbs (5,268kg)
- Power/Weight Ratio 4.45
- Wing Loading N/A
- Wing Area 0.0ft2 (0.0m2)
- Drag Points 5255
- Number of Parts 128
- Control Surfaces 0
- Performance Cost 884