Deadline has been revised to 1st May 2020!
New Saltwater Air Force Challenge!
The Saltwater Air Force needs a new observation helicopter to help it gain supremacy of the battlefield! Your mission: design and build a new observation or reconnaissance helicopter for this task. It must have good speed and agility, and crew of two and be stable in flight.
Prize: 20 upvotes for first place, 5 for second and three for third. Every entry gets an upvote.
- It must be a successor to this post, or linked in the comments if this is not possible.
- It must be an observation helicopter, ie- it should have a recognizable reconnaissance pack or mast, such as that seen on helicopters such as the Kiowa and similar helicopters.
- No fewer than 140 parts, and no more than 950.
- No mods should be used, except those used to aid building such as Overload and DesignerSuite.
- It should be modern, not a 1960s throwback.
- It shouldn't have more than four missiles or two rocket pods, and no more than one cannon or gun.
- It should be realistic, ie- not fly about at stupid speeds or zoom to 35,000 feet.
- It should be fictional and have a good, well-written description that includes a backstory and all the controls.
- Must have room for two crewmembers.
- No more than two entrys per person.
The competition closes on 1st of May at 01:00 GMT. Entries submitted after this time will not be judged.
The winners will be announced shortly afterwards depending on me.
- Successors 16 airplane(s) +1778 bonus
- Created On Windows
- Wingspan 1.6ft (0.5m)
- Length 3.3ft (1.0m)
- Height 1.6ft (0.5m)
- Empty Weight 551lbs (250kg)
- Loaded Weight 551lbs (250kg)
- Wing Loading -439,839.3lbs/ft2 (-2,147,483.6kg/m2)
- Wing Area 0.0ft2 (0.0m2)
- Drag Points 127
- Number of Parts 1
- Control Surfaces 0