welcome to the almostlight challenge!!! I hope to see your entry!!
In this challenge you are a rival company to the popular taikav areo industries and, after their release of the all new almostlight aircraft, need to make a competitor to the t16 sabertooth. Here are some rules to follow to make your almostlight comply with national guidelines.
RULES YOU NEED TO FOLLOW!!
some rules may change and some may be added, check back regularly!
- No more than 300 drag points and no less than 70
- Take off speed is to be no more than 100mph, but preferred to be 70-80, points will be deducted for every mph that it goes over, but extra points if it's under 60mph.
- Top speed is not to exceed 275mph, and preferred to be at 250 for full points.
- Stall speed needs to be at or near 70-80mph, and cannot exceed 90mph.
- Weight can be a bit flexible but should be no more that 1,500lbs.
- No more than 2 propeller engines, and power is to not exceed 175hp.
- No more than 40ft wide, 15ft tall, and 35ft long.
- Tricycle gear is recommended, but a normal gear configuration is acceptable as well.
- 1 to 2 seats only.
- XML is required, as you need to make the engines under 175hp and you cant with out XML. If you cant do that then let me know and I'll get you the engine.
- No mods except for finetuner and XML, mobile doesn't let me have any good mods.
- NO WEAPONS, THESE ARE CIVILIAN AIRCRAFT
- DONT COPY ANYONES BUILDS, AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFICATION
- No more than 2 entrys per person, the better of the two will be judged.
- Should not need to use alot of trim in either direction, no more than the first bar.
- I forgot part limit!!! No more than 500parts!!!!
1st- 25 updoots and a spotlight (if possible)
2nd- 15 updoots
3rd- 5 updoots
All submissions will get 1 updoots
My favorite aircraft will get 10 updoots and a spotlight
A total of 250 points!!
25/25 - first impressions: looks good at first glance
50/50 - looks: has the look of an ultralight
100/100 - flight: flight is as pertained in the above section and follows all rules stated
25/25 - details: details are good (ie. Instruments, maybe some striping)
50/50 plausibility, is it plausible irl?
deadline is my birthday, march 20th, please have your submissions in by then
- Successors 19 airplane(s) +553 bonus
- Created On Android
- Wingspan 3.3ft (1.0m)
- Length 3.5ft (1.1m)
- Height 4.9ft (1.5m)
- Empty Weight 685lbs (311kg)
- Loaded Weight 685lbs (311kg)
- Wing Loading 439,839.3lbs/ft2 (2,147,483.6kg/m2)
- Wing Area 0.0ft2 (0.0m2)
- Drag Points 889
- Number of Parts 2
- Control Surfaces 0