my entry to my buddy's challenge, the mixed propulsion aircraft challenge!
MAKE SURE TO READ THE DESCRIPTION, VALUABLE INFORMATION IS EXPLAINED, YOU NEED TO READ IT
The Grumman XP-TBC SuperAvenger was created after the extensive success of the aircraft during ww2 and the advancement of torpedo technology help to create this beast of an aircraft. It sports an improved engine with an added supercharger to help make this faster than the predecessor on the engine alone. The SuperAvenger also sports a moderately powerful , but very fuel efficient, jet engine to help it speed along even better. The plane stock has a top speed around 275mph, but with the added improvement to the prop engine and the new jet, it can get up to 100mph faster!
Ag1-fold wings+ activate tail wheel
Ag2- activate jet engine
Ag3- parking brake
Ag4- tail hook
Ag5- disable control surfaces, activates rear turret, roll and pitch for movement
Ag6- open bomb bay
Ag7- activate gyro stabilization, it will most likely have a slight pitch down, put trim up full to counter act
- Power up, if taking off from a normal airport the jet is not needed but can be used, will be needed if taking off from tiny
- Yaw left is NEEDED, dont go too much but it will be needed at the start and throughout takeoff
- If using trim takeoff is about 220mph, but if your not then it's at 140mph
- Bring up gear and fly around!
- Exercise normal landing procedures up until your about 1 mile from the runway, it loses speed sorta slowly so make sure your airspeed is below 200 by the time your over the runway
- Once over the runway start to put it into a stall, this is the best way I learned to land the plane
- Once your at about 130mph your going to be able to have it land on the ground, make sure to keep pitch up while holding the brakes down so the prop doesn't hit the ground
- Once you land press ag1 to fold the wings and activate tail wheel to maneuver on the ground or carrier.
TORPEDO BOMBING INSTRUCTIONS
- Get to your target
- Get to about 50 feet or lower, I normally use the gyro to help stabilize it
- Throttle down a bit, if using the gyro you may need to put pitch in to keep it level, trim may not be sufficient
- Once your about 0.9 miles from the target and you have a good lead release torpedo and gyro and pull away, may take a few tries to get a hit
most of the pictures show an older picture, mostly without the small intake in the front and the wing cannons
I think I need that wing tip......
Demonstrating what this girl was made for
Torpedo run on the deastroyer
May have seen this on discord or the teaser, it seriously stayed like that, I dont know how but it did
BUILDERS NOTE: this is one of my most favorite builds I have done to date, its alot of fun to fly, some aspects may be slightly unrealistic but it's still alot of fun!
thanks to those who upvote, comment, and follow
- Predecessor Mixed-Propulsion Aircraft Challenge! [CLOSED]
- Created On Android
- Wingspan 43.4ft (13.2m)
- Length 38.4ft (11.7m)
- Height 13.9ft (4.2m)
- Empty Weight 13,474lbs (6,111kg)
- Loaded Weight 15,922lbs (7,222kg)
- Power/Weight Ratio 0.211
- Horse Power/Weight Ratio 0.062
- Wing Loading 66.4lbs/ft2 (324.4kg/m2)
- Wing Area 239.7ft2 (22.3m2)
- Drag Points 2048
- Number of Parts 265
- Control Surfaces 5