Sukhoi Su-30SM Flanker-H
The impressive performance of the Su-30MKI led to the development of the Su-30SM Flanker-H (Serijnyi Modernizirovannyi, "Serial Modernized"). Like its predecessor, the Su-30SM features canards and thrust-vectoring, which allow for exceptional maneuverability at low speeds. The SM-variant has been upgraded to the latest Russian military standards with improved avionics, and weapons. These upgrades, in combination with its maneuverability, make the Su-30SM one of the most versatile and formidable members of the Flanker series of fighters.
While the Su-30SM is designed specifically for the Russia, Su-30MKI derivatives are also in service with India, Algeria, and Malaysia and a downgraded export version of the Su-30SM, the Su-30SME, exists. There are also plans to equip Russian Su-30SM's with the more powerful engines of the Su-35S, which are to be designated Su-30SM2. Read more...
Country of Origin: Russia
Role: Multirole Fighter, Air Superiority Fighter
Armament: 1x 30mm GSh-30-1
Payload: 4x R-73 Archer, 4x R-77 Adder, 2x KAB-500Kr
Alt.Config.1: 4x R-73 Archer, 6x R-77 Adder
Alt.Config.2: 4x R-73 Archer, 4x Kh-29T Kedge-B, 2x R-77 Adder
Alt.Config.3: 4x R-73 Archer, 4x Kh-31A Krypton
Livery: Standard VVS Serdyukov Camo
Controls Normal Throttle/Pitch/Roll/Yaw/Landing Gear 85%-90% Throttle: Max Power >90% Throttle: Afterburner Fire Guns: Fire 1x 30mm GSh-30-1 AG1: Lights AG2: Drag Chute Hardpoint activation groups are numbered from the wingtip to fuselage and front to back. AG3: Wingtip R-73 Manual Release AG4: Wing Hardpoint 1 R-73 Manual Release AG5: Wing Hardpoint 2 R-77 Manual Release AG6: Fuselage Hardpoint 1 KAB-500Kr Manual Release AG7: Fuselage Hardpoint 2/3 R-77 Manual Release VTOL: Elevator Adjustment (Inverted) -1 VTOL: Deactivate Stabilization Trim: Flaps (Inverted) Cam1: Left Wing View Cam2: Right Wing View
- When taking off, only use a slight tap of the pitch past 250 km/h to avoid tail-striking.
- Post-stall maneuvers are best performed below 3000 m, where the control surfaces have more authority. But keep in mind, you will likely end up lower than where you started.
- Slightly unstable under 500 km/h.
- Only turns slightly better than Su-30, but is far more stable.
- Fuel and gun ammo is unlimited.
03/12/2022: V1.1 Wing cameras now have cockpitAudio=false.
In-Game Name (For Reference): [RD] Su-30SM
- TatsuTheOtaku 4 months ago
- Predecessor Su-30 Flanker-C V1.2
- Created On Windows
- Wingspan 46.4ft (14.2m)
- Length 71.9ft (21.9m)
- Height 20.9ft (6.4m)
- Empty Weight 45,597lbs (20,682kg)
- Loaded Weight 52,599lbs (23,858kg)
- Power/Weight Ratio 1.047
- Wing Loading 29.9lbs/ft2 (145.9kg/m2)
- Wing Area 1,759.9ft2 (163.5m2)
- Drag Points 824
- Number of Parts 389
- Control Surfaces 10
- Performance Cost 1,793