Welcome to Fork Devils Challenge.
The theme of the challenge is the [twin-boom] design.
A twin-boom aircraft is characterised by two longitudinal booms (extended nacelle-like bodies). The most notorious example is the P-38 Lightning, I think you get the idea. No restriction on aircraft role. There are a lot of military, cargo, experimental, civilian designs. Even some recent space exploration projects
- Minimum part count 200. Exploits will be disqualified
- Your entry must be a successor. This is not about points, but a better planning, easier rating and to prevent missing your work
- Build must be a functional aircraft REPLICA or a functional plausible FICTIONAL design. (Fictional can be steampunk or fantasy, as long it looks made by freaking humanoids)
- Original (own) design, recycling of old builds is allowed only if is a significant revamp
- Only editor mods (XML) allowed. Custom modded elements parts forbidden (Dummy pilot is ok... Gestour instruments, custom wings MOPCKOEDNISHE stuff etc is a NO)
- Detailed description with data about aircraft, special features and controls listed.
- The right TAGS required
THE BEST 10 builds will enter the final for podium, prizes, Youtube presentation.
Each valid entry will get 3 upvotes, hopefully you have another 2 builds.
Prizes will be as usual, upvotes, spotlights and maybe something else. Ratings will be extremely detailed, gonna present the pattern later.
Deadline January 30
- No restrictions on engines. Propellers, jet engines, helicopter rotators or no engines (gliders) are allowed.
- Fictional stuff is allowed, so you'll have creativity freedom. But remember, plausibility is a factor.
- You can use small elements from other players (Like gadgets, custom weapons, logos). As long as you credit the person. Large stuff like landing gear, wings, cockpits/canopies etc should be yours.
200 parts restriction is here to prevent 5 minute builds. If your device cannot support that much... well, I am not a beach, I will give you a chance to top10 FINALE if you have a serious project.
A twin fuselage plane (F-82, Bf 109 Z, He 111Z) is allowed, even if technically is not a twin boom. It still fits the "Fork" theme and I want things to be simple and fun.
Blackburn Beverley C.1 is a NO.
The Nord 2501 Noratlas or the Armstrong Whitworth Argosy C.1 are YES
Yak-141 is YES
Collabs are allowed, as long is mentioned in description. Unfortunately, successor must be the challenge post. Prize will be split between creators.
Grading will be as usual, the formula that worked for Pacific Challenge. Visuals, Construction, Functionality, Historical/Design and Impression.
- Successors 38 airplane(s) +3933 bonus
- Created On Windows
- Wingspan 16.3ft (5.0m)
- Length 45.1ft (13.7m)
- Height 4.8ft (1.5m)
- Empty Weight 110lbs (50kg)
- Loaded Weight 110lbs (50kg)
- Wing Loading -439,839.3lbs/ft2 (-2,147,483.6kg/m2)
- Wing Area 0.0ft2 (0.0m2)
- Drag Points 258
- Number of Parts 1
- Control Surfaces 0