Gloster Meteor F Mk.4
MisterT - Photos. Suggestion on canopy construction. Feedback on Guns
ChiChiWerX - Massive feedback on flight model. Formula for Mach dial.
WarHawk85 - Some suggestions and attempts to simulate interest.
AeroMan - Support and some useful observations
In game, open Craft Instructions
- An issue mentioned by CatBaron is this plane due its restrictions cannot reach high AoA. I Installed a lot of restrictions, because this variant had structural issues, the wings used to break on high roll or AoA. Later, the fuselage was reinforced. Also, the lack of hydraulics cause pitching at high speed to be very clumsy. I should have installed some detachers that will detach the wings on high G turns. Is too late now. But if you really want to enjoy a Meteor in God mode, just increase the elevator rotators angle.
- TakeOff Run from [16s Minimum Fuel] to [18.5s (Full Fuel)] to 22 Max Takeoff Weight. For conventional F8. This SP Short Span F.4 build does it in 17s. 140 mph Speed. A bit faster.
- Takeoff Distance 325m (Low Fuel). The Sp one (fully loaded) does it in like 490m
- Roll Rate is 92. The SP one is around 90 at 500 mph (fuel tanks attached) to 95 (Clean)
- Max Speed 590 mph at sea level (Low fuel, clean). The SP one is 585 mph (No Fuel Tanks, but penalty of 5mph because hardpoints are still attached).
- Deviation on runaway is 0.4 degree (and stays constant) after 20 seconds at full speed
- Short Span Version: To fix the chronic issues with roll, the wings were shortened. Balance tabs installed on ailerons. Still, roll is clumsy, but acceptable. Takeoff and stall speed increased
- RAF livery
- Cockpit, Landing Gear, Airbrakes true hollow interiors.
- Engine loosing performance based on altitude.
- Pitch authority reduced at high speed.
- Ailerons tabs are auto-balance, they help with roll. Elevators tabs are servo-trim ones, help with pitch and trimming.
- Credit inside cockpit, look for a book
- Refuel Probe was never mass installed on this aircraft. Only to be tested.
- Successors 1 airplane(s)
- Created On Windows
- Wingspan 36.3ft (11.1m)
- Length 41.1ft (12.5m)
- Height 13.9ft (4.2m)
- Empty Weight 10,299lbs (4,671kg)
- Loaded Weight 16,092lbs (7,299kg)
- Power/Weight Ratio 2.589
- Wing Loading 44.4lbs/ft2 (216.9kg/m2)
- Wing Area 362.3ft2 (33.7m2)
- Drag Points 2467
- Number of Parts 602
- Control Surfaces 5
- Performance Cost 2,596