After a long break I'm back with by far my best car yet. This one took many many hours and though I'll probably tune and perfect it even more I'm really happy with the result.
First driving instructions for the ones who aren't interested in all the features and just want to race:
Pitch - accelerate
Yaw - steer (you can change this, but mind to do this for all the 4 wheels)
Ag1 - activate engine
Ag2 - activate downforce props & 4 wheel steering
Ag3 - lights
Ag4 - rainlights
Physics on high strongly recommended!
The car features pretty much every idea I had for a good car on sp. It has:
- propellors fitted to deliver optimal extra downforce
- lots of aerodynamic downforce components fitted to a sleek body
- pushrod based costum suspension on the front for optimal steering
- costum suspension in the rear to fit the engine
- great weight - downforce - wheelbase distribution, and all that aiding the balance of the props too
- 4 wheel steering for sharper cornering, especially at higher speeds
- fully working cockpit
- decals! (tried this for the first time. Let me know what you think)
- 4wd, balanced a bit to the rear for high speed cornering
- grip mostly derived from design, grip level on the tires is adjusted to the way the rest of the car is built
- air brakes in the grille for better braking and control during braking
Its made for the gold Prix and should be able to set a pretty good time there. Offroading will mess the car up though.
Also mind that the maximum speed is barely restricted so it'll keep on accelerating. Use the brakes when cornering! The grip on the tires might be relatively low for the break torque and weight, but the airbrakes compensate this well.
I'm always happy with feedback or comments so let me know what you think about the handling, looks, or anything else!
Thanks for downloading, happy to be back with the sp community!
- Created On Android
- Wingspan 11.7ft (3.6m)
- Length 24.4ft (7.4m)
- Height 8.0ft (2.4m)
- Empty Weight 4,679lbs (2,122kg)
- Loaded Weight 4,938lbs (2,240kg)
- Horse Power/Weight Ratio 1.012
- Wing Loading 38.6lbs/ft2 (188.5kg/m2)
- Wing Area 127.9ft2 (11.9m2)
- Drag Points 1096
- Number of Parts 405
- Control Surfaces 0
- Performance Cost 1,639