Boeing F/A-18E Super Hornet -Maverick-
Country of Origin: United States
Role: Multirole Fighter, Air Superiority Fighter
Livery: Special US Navy Strike Fighter Tactics Instructor Program “TOPGUN" (Maverick)
”Thirty plus years of service... Combat medals, citations... Only man to shoot down three enemy planes in the last forty years. Yet you can’t get a promotion, you won’t retire, and despite your best efforts, you refuse to die. You should at least be a three-star admiral by now, but here you are. Captain. Why is that?”
”One of life’s greatest mysteries, sir.”
Pete “Maverick” Mitchell is a TOPGUN graduate and former F-14A Tomcat pilot with three kills to his name, all of them MiG-28 Fakeouts. Although he is a skilled pilot, his methods are often dangerous, which has led to both admiration and criticism of his flying. He is now an instructor at TOPGUN, training F/A-18E/F Super Hornet pilots the art of the dogfight. Read more...
Armament: 1x 20mm M61A2 Vulcan
[Def.Config.] 1x AIM-9M Sidewinder (Inert), 1x P-5 TCTS, 2x GBU-24 Paveway III (Inert), 1x Drop Tank
- [Throttle = 85% to 90%] Military Power
- [Throttle = 90% to 100%] Afterburner
[VTOL] Elevator Trim (Inverted)
- [VTOL = -100%] Overpitch
[Trim = -100% to 0%] Flaps (Inverted)
- [Trim = 0%] Auto Flaps
- [Trim = 0% to +100%] Flaps Up Override
[FireGuns] Fire 1x 20mm M61A2
[AG2] Arrestor Hook
[AG8] Master Arm
Hardpoint Activation Groups
[AG3] Wing Hardpoint 1 GBU-24 Manual Release
[AG4] Fuselage Center Hardpoint Drop Tank Release
[Cam1] Left Wing View
[Cam2] Right Wing View
- Loadout is based on combat loadouts seen on F/A-18F's in TOPGUN Maverick trailers and appearance in ACE COMBAT 7: SKIES UNKNOWN.
- Dorp tank does not have blue stripes since there are depictions of Maverick's F/A-18E without them. (And I'm lazy.)
- Fuel and gun ammo is unlimited.
- On takeoff from runways, I recommend 50% flaps with 50% trim. Get to around 300 km/h and give slight taps for the pitch to avoid tail striking. (For keyboard users) From the carrier, use 100% flaps.
- On landing, use the trim to achieve your glide slope and adjust using pitch. (For keyboard users)
- Overpitch allows for cobra maneuver, and with some practice, kulbit maneuvers(ish). This is easier if you release the munitions. (Each GBU-24 is 2000 lbs, so yeah...)
Uses [RD] Weapons Balancing Database Version 1.3.
[V1.1 05/27/2022] Increased nose weight and reduced turn rate at higher speeds.
[V1.2 05/28/2022] Elevators now connected to flap controls. Rudders now react more to AOA.
[V1.3 06/08/2022] Elevators no longer connected flap controls. Weapons updated to WBD V1.0.
[V1.4 07/14/2022] New energy retention system.
[V1.5 08/09/2022] Corrected version number. FCS now has stabilized yaw. Slat FT changed. Slight changes to handling. Loadout changed to inert weaponry to more accurately reflect film. Added nose hump. Livery slightly changed.
[V1.6 08/18/2022] Slight changes to flight model.
In-Game Name: [RD] F/A-18E -Maverick-
- Successors 2 airplane(s) +28 bonus
- Created On Windows
- Wingspan 43.9ft (13.4m)
- Length 60.1ft (18.3m)
- Height 16.1ft (4.9m)
- Empty Weight 31,905lbs (14,472kg)
- Loaded Weight 44,108lbs (20,007kg)
- Power/Weight Ratio 0.996
- Wing Loading 80.3lbs/ft2 (391.8kg/m2)
- Wing Area 549.6ft2 (51.1m2)
- Drag Points 1534
- Number of Parts 355
- Control Surfaces 8
- Performance Cost 1,919