Reminder: Entries must be more than 200 parts
In this challenge, your goal is to build a three-engined aircraft, whether that be a jet, propeller, or some crazy Wunderwaffe tri-rocket! While replicas are probably preferred, feel free to make an awesome (albeit realistic) fictional build! All contestants are allowed 2 entries max, in case some people want to make a prop and a jet.
- Must have 3 engines, whether that be jets, propellers, or rockets.
- No mixed propulsion. No, an F-104 with 2 JATO rockets is not a trijet.
- Minimum part count limit of 200. This is to make sure people spend time on their builds as I really would like for everyone to submit things they can be proud of. Marinate on the design a little before diving in.
- Must be submitted as a successor. Have a moderator do it or just remember to download this post first.
- Spam builds will be disregarded. Y'all know who I'm talking about
- How good it looks (Video game quality to elephant artist paint) 4p
- Livery (overal body painting, realistic colors) 3p
- Details (sensors, fuselage lines, canopy bars etc) and decorations (insignias, registration text, art, warning signs) 3p
- Nudging quality 2p
- Smoothness 2p
- Parts efficiency 1p
- Custom elements (LG, weapons, interior, wing airfoil,controls surfaces) 3p
- Structural integrity (collision sounds/issues, disconnected parts, elements wobbling/bouncing) 1p
- Cockpit view 1p
- Plane Stability (auto-roll/yaw/heavy pitching)3p
- Flaps/Trimming Presence and Functionality 2p
- Takeoff and landing, Ease of flight 2p
- Custom parts functionality (LG, Taxi, weapons,controls, interior controllers/instruments etc) 3p
Historical 10p - If fictional, this will be devoted to how realistic the plane is for its class. An airliner shouldn't accelerate like an F-16.
- Blueprint match 3p
- Specs match (dimensions, weight, speed)2p
- Maneuverability (Turn and roll rate, acceleration, glide ratio)2p
- Specific equipment/features presence and functionality (example: split ailerons for A-10)3p
- Description info (Controls and features explained, Plane data in link or text)2p
- Amount of effort invested in this build 1p
- Fun factor (how enjoyable was the testing) 1p
- Design choice 1p
Feel free to branch off from these lists, there are many proposed trimotor and trijet designs that never made it to production.
1st place will receive 15 upvotes and a spotlight (assuming I have more points).
2nd place will receive 10 upvotes
3rd place will receive 5 upvotes
All entries will receive an upvote upon submission.
Deadline is October 8.
- Successors 26 airplane(s) +2800 bonus
- Created On Windows
- Wingspan 16.4ft (5.0m)
- Length 0.4ft (0.1m)
- Height 16.6ft (5.1m)
- Empty Weight 324lbs (147kg)
- Loaded Weight 324lbs (147kg)
- Wing Loading N/A
- Wing Area 0.0ft2 (0.0m2)
- Drag Points 24476
- Number of Parts 18
- Control Surfaces 0
- Performance Cost 44