this is the frachtflugzeuge FF-983 for the emergency Aid challenge!
The frachtflugzeuge FF-983 is a german cargo aircraft, ment for transporting cargo to and from major military bases throughout the world. The FF-983 was however used for humanitarian aid and emergency Aid purposes, to help relieve the country's that are in need of aid from other countries. Its carrying capabilities, and its favorable flight characteristics make it a favorite of the german airforce.
Ag2- activate nose wheel
Ag3- activate lights
Ag5- rear door
Ag7- turn on engines
Throttle- propeller pitch ( max 50)
Normal flight controls
flight instructions (please read before using!)
1. Turn on ag7 to activate engines let the spoll up, if you want to have some realism
2. Throttle up
3. Wait til around 200mph and pull up
4. Retract gear
5. Once it get to its top speed it will need bearly any trim
Depending on height do as followed
1. Throttle down to around 40-50% as you would want to loose altitude, if you stay at 100% you'll gain alot of airspeed, and is not as effective.
2. When your at around 1000 ft from the airport, and around 500ft above it slowly throttle all the way down
3. Stall speed is quite low for such a big aircraft, so you'll have alot of room to land.
4. Once you touch down make sure throttle is all the way down, and start to brake.
5. Activate nose wheel with ag2, and once stopped throttle up to 5-10% for taxi speed.
WARNING: When taxiing dont go over 25mph, when you do and you turn it throws the plane off balance. If you need to maneuver, do it in small increments at that speed.
screenshots provided by cabernet!
thanks to those who upvote, comment, and follow
- ACEPILOT109 5 months ago
- Predecessor (CLOSED) Emergency Aid Challenge
- Created On Android
- Wingspan 92.7ft (28.3m)
- Length 94.9ft (28.9m)
- Height 33.7ft (10.3m)
- Empty Weight 21,841lbs (9,907kg)
- Loaded Weight 30,059lbs (13,634kg)
- Horse Power/Weight Ratio 0.399
- Wing Loading 27.8lbs/ft2 (135.6kg/m2)
- Wing Area 1,082.4ft2 (100.6m2)
- Drag Points 9175
- Number of Parts 207
- Control Surfaces 5