Hey Everyone, Zerø here. Today, I bring you something new! But, not really.
Happy 78th Anniversary to Indonesia!
...I'm late by a month, though. Welp, better late than never!
Terus Melaju Untuk Indonesia Maju!
The Aurum Aerial Industries E-4ID Starfall is an Indonesian variant of the E-4C Starfall, a modified airliner based off of the AAI AM40-600 (Coming soon, perhaps). It features a similar radar to the Boeing 737 AEW&C (Commonly referred to E-7A Wedgetail), a Multirole Electrically Scanned Array Radar, or MESA. It also features an Integrated Electronic Warfare Counter & Support System (IEWC&SS), which supports it in an Electronic Warfare environment.
As Indonesia raises their military spending on new advanced aircrafts bought from the United States and France, like the Boeing F-15EX and the Dassault Rafale, they soon realized they need something to cover vast amount of areas of their territory with early warning, in case of an attack. But since most of Indonesian territory is filled with water, they noticed that a fighter would not be sufficient, since their radar coverage wouldn't be wide enough.
Meet Aurum Aerial Industries, who lately has been trying to appease the Indonesian Air Force (Tentara Nasional Indonesia Angkatan Udara, or TNI AU). Seeing the opportunity that they could sell their brand new AEW&C aircraft to the IdAF, they offered 5 of their E-4C Starfalls to the IdAF. Though the IdAF were skeptical at first, they agreed to buy 3 specially modified E-4Cs, which were then later labeled as the E-4ID.
Variants that were based off the AM-40 series:
- AAI E-4A Starfall (DSSR colors)
Earliest variant of the E-4 Starfall AEW&C Aircraft.
Coming soon! This list will be expanded.
Controls and Features:
VTOL: Extend Flaps.
Activate1: Deploy Reverse Thrust.
Activate2: Nose Wheel Steering.
Activate3: External Lights.
Activate4: Open doors.
Activate5: Deploy Spoilers as Airbrakes.
Activate6: Refueling. Also activates refueling guide light.
Activate8: Activate/Deactivate Engines.
- First and foremost, somewhat detailed wing. Spent a lot of time on it, so I'm happy with the details!
- Reverse thrust! They produce about 50% of total thrust output, so use them to shorten your landings!
- Sliding doors! Unfortunately, they're just decorations and they don't do much.
- First of all, I would like to apologize because this is an unfinished aircraft. There are not a lot of stuff that I haven't implemented or fixed yet, and it makes the aircraft a bit difficult to fly.
- Second, air refueling is somehow broken, so I'll try to do something about it.
- Third, Trivia time.
- This aircraft is heavily based on the E-7A Wedgetail, combined with some of the aspects of the E-3 Sentry.
- This aircraft was originally made for the Block War II Challenge by @Aarav, which is this goober.
- The tail number is true to the IdAF's tail numbering system, which is MM-AANN (M being mission, A being Aircraft type, and N being the aircraft's number). In this case, it's KI-0401, which means the mission is Control and Surveillance (since it's the closest to EW), type of aircraft is 4 from the E-4ID, and it's the 1st obtained by the IdAF.
I'm really, really sorry for publishing an unfinished product, but I want this to be out as fast as possible because of a deadline I have to fill. I hope you'll understand. Other than that though, enjoy, and...
- Created On Android
- Wingspan 97.1ft (29.6m)
- Length 109.8ft (33.5m)
- Height 34.4ft (10.5m)
- Empty Weight 86,066lbs (39,039kg)
- Loaded Weight 132,325lbs (60,022kg)
- Power/Weight Ratio 0.594
- Wing Loading 73.3lbs/ft2 (358.0kg/m2)
- Wing Area 1,804.9ft2 (167.7m2)
- Drag Points 4087
- Number of Parts 457
- Control Surfaces 9
- Performance Cost 2,483