XF-14 II plus 'Skull and Rose'
To celebrate Valentine's day, they comes in couple.
Here is some back story regarding pilots if you are curious.
"Skull and Rose" livery
Tactical grey livery HERE
Sorry for the delay.
This is XF-14 II plus, an experimental retrofitted F-14 Tomcat.
It come with a pair of new and more powerful thrust-vectoring engine. New pair of wings. New V-tail configuration. A pair of missile pods and many more!!
Also a new FT auto-aim system which help in a post-stall fighting situation.
With all these new feature at your disposal, you can choose your own fight either long range with missiles or get in dirty with powerful cannon and PSM at your side.
Flight modeler note.
- This plane have terrible energy retention in a turn, when pulling hard it will rapidly bleed air speed so be careful.
- I decide to make the wings fold according to IAS instead of Mach number to preserve a consistency in flight characteristic across all altitude. (at the same IAS aircraft perform roughly the same except engine power)
- No spoilers on the wings because it will complicate things for me, sorry.
I hope you all enjoy my build!!
- 3D thrust vectoring
- post-stall maneuvers and supermaneuvrability.
- Almost unstable flight model with Fly-by-funky-tree system
- Custom landing gear
- G-force simulated cockpit view
- Gun smoke, tracer with faint grey tail, shell ejecting. (sorry for poor GIF quality.)
- Automatic wings folding.
- Auto aim/aim assist system. (More details below.)
- AG1: Supermaneuvrability mode. (This disable everything that keep the aircraft from exceeding safe aoa and stalling)
- AG2: Auto aim/aim assist mode. (More details below.)
- AG3: Tail hook.
- AG4: Drop weapon pods.
- AG5: Fold wings in.
- AG8: Toggle lights.
AG1 is what you need to activate to do impressive maneuvers, when you press AG1 There are no visual indication that supermaneuvrability is on , the aircraft will gain more maneuverability and prone to stall which is not a big problem.
Auto aim/aim assist
When you press AG2 the aircraft will try to push you to the point of aim in normal mode (AG1 is off) and will actually guide your crosshair to the target if AG1 is on and you speed is low enough.
I recommend that you activate AG1 first, lose some speed by turning to the target and then press AG2 to activate auto-aim and then fire weapons as you desire.
Auto aim is not 100% accurate because it have to turn an entire plane to meet the firing solution not just turn the gun like an auto turret. So I recommend to fight at close range and it is best suit for an opponent that is PSM capable.
Some stunts you can do at home
- Cobra takeoff
- Rolling cobra maneuver
- 180 turn
- Flat spin
- My signature maneuver (It is not my craft if it can't perform this.)
Happy Valentine's Day.
- Successors 1 airplane(s)
- Created On Windows
- Wingspan 63.7ft (19.4m)
- Length 62.7ft (19.1m)
- Height 11.9ft (3.6m)
- Empty Weight 27,038lbs (12,264kg)
- Loaded Weight 52,445lbs (23,788kg)
- Power/Weight Ratio 4.37
- Wing Loading 123.6lbs/ft2 (603.6kg/m2)
- Wing Area 424.2ft2 (39.4m2)
- Drag Points 3704
- Number of Parts 1141
- Control Surfaces 0
- Performance Cost 4,889